“Every once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale”
It is an honor to be a part of Shay and Carlin Levister’s journey. First they graced us with their engagement session, now, their wedding! Shay and Carlin’s love story began when they were in high school, but fate had them take different paths of life until finally they were able to fall in love all over again.
This fun and romantic couple thought it was fitting to incorporate the theme “Fantasy Fairy Tale,”as it was fate that brought them back together and completed their happily ever after. The new husband and wife represented their cultures by jumping the broom, and having a symbolic sand ceremony. Their beautiful ceremony also included doves, which represented their everlasting commitment to one another as mates for life. The most memorable moment for them was when they surprised their guests with a choreographed wedding dance. And no fairy tale is complete without the perfect dress. Shay wore a Maggie Sottero mermaid dress with an overlay skirt veil that was covered in 3D handmade flowers. The bride shares, “The veil of the dress made me look like I was floating on air!” Good thing Jaxon Photography was there to capture every floating and loving moment. Visit the gallery to see their beautiful happily ever after.
- Wedding Date: 08/31/2014
- Wedding Location: The Bradford House and Gardens, Flowery Branch, GA
- Wedding Theme: Fantasy Fairy Tale
- Wedding cake flavors: Purple velvet, Italian Cream and tropical chocolate coconut!
- Favorite item on wedding menu: Baked salmon, glorified cabbage and spinach artichoke tarts
- First dance song: Mix that included: One Thousand Years - Christina Perri, It Takes Two - Raw Base, Poison -BBD, Crazy In Love - Beyonce, You Make Me Better - Neyo, Turn Down For What - Lil Jon, Keep It Simple -Hanna Miller
- Bridesmaid’s gifts: Personalize Robes, Bridal Party Tank Tops and Jewelry
- Groomsmen’s gifts: Personalized Cocktail Shakers
My best advice is to first seek premarital counseling! It is important that you put as much work into making sure the marriage can start off on the right foot as the effort you place into planning the wedding. Second, write each other letters and exchange it the day of the wedding. This heartfelt gesture will touch your hearts for years to come! Lastly, let go and enjoy the day! Mistakes and imperfections WILL happen but the main purpose of your special day is getting married. So enjoy every minute of it because the day comes and goes quickly!
View more images in the gallery!
- Ceremony and Reception location: The Bradford House and Gardens
- Florist: Yolanda with The Bradford House and Gardens
- Hair: Rikya Taylor of Keep It Natural Hair Salon
- Photobooth: Timeless Photobooth
- Band: KonstantGroove; Twitter: @KonstantGroove
- Photography: Jaxon Photography
- Videography: Joseph Leone
- Cake: Perfect Wedding Cakes
- Stationery: The Inspired Note on Etsy
- Makeup: Mary Sue with Mac at North Point Mall, Alpharetta, GA
- Wedding Dress: Maggie Sottero