Charlesetta Amos and Togo Coles had a beautiful spring wedding full of soft lavender and cream decor. The couple took advantage of the enchanting Florida weather and had an outdoor ceremony. Lavender and cream arrangements of roses lined their custom aisle runner, which led to a beautiful arc of tree branches intertwined with white roes and orchids. Guests headed inside for the reception and were wowed by a custom bogo, which lighted a white dance floor flanked by modern lounge furniture. Silver table linens and tall flower arrangements of roses and hydrangeas covered the tables and their gorgeous four tier wedding cake was a show stopper. Tab MacCausland Photography captured all of the heartfelt moments and amazing decor of the Coles' lovely spring wedding planned by Tamuel Cowart of RW Events.
- Wedding Date: 05/26/2013
- Wedding Location: Holy Trinity Reception and Conference Center, Maitland, FL
- Wedding Theme: Lavender Ice
- Wedding Colors: Lavender and Cream
- Wedding Flowers: Lavender/Cream roses
- First Dance Song: “Adorn" - Miguel
- Wedding Cake Flavors: 5 layers - red velvet, marble, vanilla
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Puff and Stuff made a chicken dish that was absolutely amazing
- Bridesmaids Gifts: spa day (massages/mani-pedis)
- Groomsmen Gifts: Stainless Steel engraved link-chain bracelets and imported cigars
- Parents Gifts: Monogramed robes
How They Met
We were introduced by a mutual friend but unable to meet right away due to Charlee's overseas travel to Greec. This led to us having many conversations via phone , text and email. In one instance, we texted for 10 hours straight while Togo was traveling from Washington, D.C. to Milwaukee, WI. We eventually met 3 weeks later and have been inseparable since.
Our proposal happened during a family cookout in July 2012. After asking and obtaining approval from senior family members, Togo got down on one knee and proposed in front of everyone.
My wedding dress was an ivory, trumpet style gown with lots of lace and embellishments. My favorite accessory was my headpiece.
Incorporation of Culture
We celebrated the African-American tradition of jumping the broom. In addition our musical selection reflected the blending of Southern and Northeastern traditions (blues, east coast hip hop, southern soul, etc.)
Most Memorable Moment
Togo - seeing my soon-to-be bride walk down the aisle; Charlee - the Soul Train dance line at the wedding.
Have as many like-minded people in your wedding party as possible because they will be just as supportive after wedding as they were before.
- Wedding Planner – Tamuel Cowart/RW Events
- Flowers – Fairbanks Florist
- Catering – Puff and Stuff
- Ceremony and Reception – Holy Trinity Reception and Conference Center
- Photo Booth – Party Booths LLC
- Furniture – Chic Event Furniture Rental
- Photography – Tab MacCausland
- Videographer – Riant Films
- Lighting and Draping – LGT Productions
- Veil -email@example.com
- Announcements/Invitations – Invitations by Dawn
- Transportation – VIP Transportation Group
- Bride make-up – Lena G
- Dress – Stylish Impressions (Farmington, CT)
- DJ – DJ Carl
- Favors – Garrett’s Popcorn (Chicago)
- Tuxedos – Men’s Warehouse
- Hotel Accomodations- Waldorf Astoria and Hilton Bonnet Creek