Romance, sensuality, and passion are infused in every design element of today's luxurious Spanish inspired wedding shoot. We love the vintage touches and the richness of the autumn tones used in the decor. The stunning and the lush vegetation of Napa, California enhanced the romantic atmosphere of this enchanting shoot.
Here is what the concept creator and photographer Barbara Jacqueline had to say, "The original inspiration for this editorial is my heritage. Being of Cuban descent and Spanish ancestry, I was inspired to style a Spanish wedding that was beautiful and romantic. This location is a dream-like and historical setting with a chapel and several courtyards."
Wedding Planner and designer Gina Lett of Inspirations by Gina adds, "Introducing intricate and colorful linens such as orange and creams with splashes of gold was key. These vibrant hues do not typically reflect the typical Spanish inspired colors of red/burgundy and black; however burnt orange, crème, yellow and gold were introduced in order to reflect the citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and kumquats that are grown in Spain. The floral designs featured white hydrangeas, orchids, tulips, roses, anemone, star of Bethlehem and calla lilies. The focus was primarily on the richness and luxury of Old World Spain; rustic charm meets glamour.
The rustic feel of the reception in the evening courtyard was achieved by using a strong and sturdy eight foot farmhouse queens table topped with golden candlestick holders and a mixture of large and small centerpieces. Monaco charger plates had a circular design and etched with gold, bronze and orange highlights; they represented the Moroccan and Moorish influences of Spain. The Monaco charger plates and crème linens, along with three gorgeous golden candlestick holders, pillar candles and picture frames with floral centers all came together as the perfect visual points. Finishing touches to the farm style queens table were neutral colored French provincial chairs and winery style wooden chairs; menu cards and table signs in Spanish. Bottles of wine provided by Hess Winery meant for sharing were scattered along the table.
We were thrilled to have fashion designer Violetta Vieux of VioGemini Designs to style the model bride with a two-piece Spanish inspired couture Flamenco gown. VioGemini Designs also created many beautiful embellishments and accessories from the spectacular flamenco inspired gown and red bolero shrug jacket, to the jeweled brooch bouquet for the wedding cake, sash and hair flowers; we turned our model bride into an updated version of an Old World Spanish flamenco dancer.
The evening ended with a cigar rolling station and a flamenco trio and dance number by Oye Productions. It became a celebratory atmosphere for all involved."
See this beautiful inspiration shoot in motion below:[vimeo url="http://vimeo.com/68267752" width="600"]
- Concept Inspiration/Photography: Barbara Jacqueline , El Cerrito, California
- Wedding Design and Planning: Gina Lett - Inspirations by Gina
- Videography: Epic Studios, Citrus Heights, CA
- Wedding Venue and Catering: Christian Brothers Retreat and Conference Center, Napa, CA
- Event Rentals: Classic Party Rentals, St. Helena, CA
- Linens: Napa Valley Linens, Emeryville, CA
- Stationery: Creative Designs by Mimi, Concord, CA
- Hardscapes: Designer 8 Rentals, San Francisco, CA
- Hair and Makeup: Keke Vasquez, Pleasanton, CA
- Embellishments: Vio Gemini Designs, San Francisco, CA
- Bridal Gown and Accessories: Vio Gemini Designs, San Francisco, CA
- Groom’s Suit: Calvin Klein
- Wedding Florals: EV Floral Design, Calistoga, CA
- Wedding Cake: The Whole Cake, Oakland, CA
- Specialty Desserts: Yo Yo Cakes, Vallejo, CA
- Cake Pops: Marlene Osorio-Agard, San Francisco, CA
- Specialty Wines – The Hess Collection and Christian Brothers Retreat and Conference Center
- Spanish Classical Guitarist: Jay Pierre Alvarez
- Bride: Hannah Fugazzi
- Groom: Angel Moreno-Herrera
- Cigar Rolling Station and Flamenco Trio: Oye Productions
- Assistants and Grips: Keith Hubbard; Christine Rubio