High school sweethearts Simone and Leland fell hard for each other as teenagers, but college and responsibilities eventually led them down disparate paths. When fate allowed their paths to cross again in adulthood, they quickly rekindled a friendship that materialized into a deep and passionate love.
Leland knew he could never let Simone slip away again. He spent months planning the ultimate proposal, but one night he couldn’t wait any longer. He got one on knee in their living room, and it turned out to be the perfect intimate engagement.
Their wedding was a beautiful celebration of everything they love- family, friends, fashion, food and art. We know you’ll be inspired by their gorgeous nuptials!
- Bride & Groom: Simone & Leland
- Wedding Location: Ironworks- Denver,CO
- Wedding Date: August 31, 2019
- Ceremony entrance song: Kiana Lede “I Choose You”
- First dance song: JMSN “Foolin” & Chris Brown & Drake “No Guidance”
- Groomsmen Gift: Simone gave her brother, who was her man-of -honor a custom engraved leather flask and an Armani watch to wear with his suit.
- Bridesmaids Gift: Leland gifted his sister who was his best-woman a necklace and earring set jewelry and a spa package.
How They Met
We met in high school. I was a freshman and he was a sophomore. Our friendship soon after turned romantic. We both pursued our own independent college career paths and we reconnected in early adulthood where our love for each other truly blossomed. We are married, but we are also best friends.
Leland- I had been anticipating popping the question and had been holding on to the ring for months. Our anniversary was coming up and I had planned a proposal at the Denver Art Museum on one of their balcony’s with a view. The museum proposal was supposed to happen on a Sunday. I came home on Saturday night, and I couldn’t stand to wait any longer. The ambiance in our house felt perfect, and I knew it was the right time. I decided to propose right in our living room and it was the most perfectly intimate moment.
Simone – My shopping experience was very involved. I new that I wanted to use as many black owned vendors as possible for my wedding. It was important to purchase a dress from a boutique that would understand the aesthetic I was looking for and could find options for my body type. I chose Platinum Bridal as the owners really resonated with what I was looking for in an experience. I wanted a a fitted dress that would accent my figure and would be both romantic and glamorous. I went shopping soon after getting engaged and ordered the dress that I thought was perfect. After going back and forth with if it was right, I decided to purchase another dress that had a more prominent lace pattern and more beading. When I purchased the second dress I knew that it was the look I wanted for my wedding.
Leland – I didn’t enjoy the process at first. I started off by going to department stores and wasn’t able to find the fabric style that I was looking for. I started searching online and was still unable to find what I was looking for. I ended up buying an option from a local store and was able to find an extremely skilled tailor that was able to give me the cut, fit, and feel that I was looking for. Beyond the suit, I decided on shoes that would give the suit a flare that represented my style. So, I went with a spiked Christian Louboutin loafer.
Best Wedding Memory
Simone – My best memory from the wedding was hearing Leland’s vows and feeling the amount of love from all the people who were there to celebrate our wedding. It was electric seeing all of our family and friends having fun together.
Leland – Seeing Simone walk down the stairs for our first look photos was my favorite memory. It was such a quiet intimate moment that started the day perfectly.
Make sure to include personal touches that reflect who you are as a couple for the wedding and make sure to have fun! We choose to have a cigar roller for Leland and a rolled ice cream bar for Simone. Once the day is there, don’t let anything cause stress. The only focus should be enjoying each other and your guests.
- Wedding Planner/Designer: Platinum Elegance Weddings & Events
- Venue: Ironworks Denver
- Photographer: Kymora Jaxson Photography
- Cake: Memorable Cake Designs by Alma
- Caterer: Catering by Design
- Linens: BBJ Linens
- Other Linens: Butler Rents
- Luxury Rentals: Denver Glam Events
- Florists: Bloom Event Designs
- Furniture & Chair Rentals: Charming Chairs
- Wedding Dress: Platinum Bridal
- Entertainment: Chaos & Cream (hand rolled ice cream), Palma Cigars (Cigar Bar), DJ QSteed (DJ)
- Lighting: Event Lighting Rental
- Hair: Tonya Chaney Stylist at Mykal Grant Salon