“Raymond came into my life at a time when I was done with dating. I was living a Joshua 24:15 life. However, when he came along he was real. Raymond loves me the way I’ve always wanted to be loved.” Rashunda fondly recalls, looking back on when they first started crossing paths at the Prince George’s Church of Christ in Landover, Maryland in 2015.
Although they regularly attended church together they only casually communicated, exchanging a brief “hello” from one week to the next. Connecting over social media and the game Words with Friends, Rashunda and Raymond spent the next six months getting to know each other on a more personal level. Their casual communications became meaningful conversations until both of them realized it was time for that first date.
- Bride & Groom: Rashunda & Raymond
- Wedding Location: High Point, North Carolina
- Wedding Date: June 8, 2019
“I knew Rashunda was the one because I love everything about her; spiritually, physically, mentally – the whole package,” Raymond reminisces, thinking about the evening he proposed on New Years of 2017. Being stationed in Germany for the Army, Raymond asked Rashunda to come spend the end-of-year holiday with him there. NYE of 2017 fell on a Sunday that year so after attending chapel on the Army base they had a “wonderful romantic” dinner at the Edelweiss Lodge located in the heart of Germany’s beautiful Bavarian Alps. “After one of the big fireworks displays, Raymond told me that he wanted to give me the second part of my Christmas gift,” Rashunda recalls of the big moment. Blindfolding her for a minute, Raymond then instructed Rashunda to remove the blindfold, revealing that he was down on one knee. After proclaiming his love for her, Raymond then asked Rashunda if she would do him the honor of becoming his wife.
Rashunda and Raymond jumped-the-broom in an elegant and gorgeous royal purple and ivory themed ceremony set within a modern industrial-chic loft in High Point, North Carolina. Rashunda, along with the assistance of her mother, said yes to her perfect dress at Kleinfeld New York. She lit up the altar in a beautiful Pnina Tornai dress, where Raymond awaited, looking debonair in his classic custom suit. With the love and support of family and friends, they were forever pronounced husband and wife.
Best Wedding Memory
Rashunda: “While walking down the aisle I look into the crowd and see my great uncle crying, then seeing Raymond crying – it was so beautiful, it was everything.”
Raymond: “Seeing Rashunda walk toward me; I couldn’t help myself!”
Advice for Engaged Couples
Be present in the moment. Take in every aspect of your wedding day and remember, your wedding is perfect because the two of you love each other and are celebrating with the people that love you as a couple.
- Photographer: In His Image Photography
- Planner & Designer: Events by Nishaka
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: The Loft at Plant Seven
- Makeup Artist: Teah Chin
- Hair Stylist: Tia Marie Hastye
- Florist: Blossom Artistry
- DJ & Photobooth: DJ Paradime of Cool Receptions
- Catering: Triton Catering & Creations
- Cake Designer: Edible Artistry
- Videographer: Chaz Reid Films
- Lighting & Production: Carey Sound
- Transportation: Sterling Carriage
- Wedding Dress Designer: Pnina Tornai
- Stationery: Minted
- Wedding Dress Salon: Kleinfeld Bridal Store
- Brides Shoes Store: DSW
- Brides Shoes Designer: Imagine by Vince Camuto
- Groom’s Tuxedo: Suit Supply
- Bartending Services: Oak City Bubbly
- Rentals: Party Reflections