In our journey to inspire love, MunaLuchi has created Muna Serenade: A Curated Couples’ Date. It is an opportunity for engaged couples to express their deepest affection for each other in an unforgettable date night experience. Produced by members of the Coterie – MunaLuchi’s curated collective of elite wedding vendors, selected couples are provided with a photoshoot, video shoot, fine dining, and more.
Inspired by the beauty of Baltimore, MD’s majestic harbor, the Muna Serenade in Baltimore featured gorgeous decor in midnight blue, black, and ivory. The four newly engaged couples selected for this Serenade received personal styling, a live violin performance, and scrumptious cuisine. After dancing the night away, they left with custom gifts and smiles on their faces. Keep scrolling to see the details of this amazing Serenade planned by Cheryl Yiadom of Lotus Event Management.
The Muna Serenade Baltimore took place in April at the Grand Ballroom, a new and elegant event venue in Glen Burnie, Maryland. Baltimore is known for its historic harbor so with that in mind, our color scheme was midnight blue, black and ivory with gold accents.Cheryl Yiadom, Lotus Event Management
Since we were celebrating the newly engaged couples and their love stories, the design concept included circular patterns, which represent a new beginning and the start of a sacred journey, as they prepare to enter into marriage. This was incorporated throughout the event, from the 5-tier Wedding Cake featuring beautiful blue and gold marbling from Velvet Cakes by Gwen, to our custom 20ft round dance floor including our custom monogram and acrylic cake topper created by Wilori Lane and installed by PhemStar Event Productions.
The ladies were styled by Bridal Babes and the gentlemen were styled by Miguel Wilson Collection. Each couple was seated at gold-mirrored serpentine sweetheart tables, placed in a deconstructed semi-circle, which were a wonderful accent to the ballroom. This allowed each couple to socially distance so that we could follow the Covid-19 protocols. The night began with a mixer where the couples were able to meet one another and share their engagement stories.
We served a Signature Cocktail Charm City Love created by Lotus Event Management and delicious hors d’oeuvres from Too Blessed to Be Stressed Catering including demi glazed lamb chops, mini macaroni & cheese bites and bruschetta. The Grand Reveal of the Ballroom included beautiful cold sparklers and a performance by Jen Violin, as the couples entered the space. The ballroom also featured beautiful ivory, white and gold floral décor from Bella Fiori events. The focal point of the ballroom was a Gold Arch with cascading balloons styled by Lasting Impressions. The tablescape included scalloped dinnerware and gold flatware from the Coveted Co. along with a custom swivel menu cards from Wilori Lane.
The Dinner was served and the dessert was boxed miniature Wedding Cakes presented to each couple by Velvet Cakes by Gwen. The celebration continued with music from DJ Max Powers and an interactive video booth from Cinemotion 360° to cap off the evening. Chip Dizárd and his team captured everything beautifully.
Each couple was given midnight blue curated gift boxes from Lotus Event Management and Wilori Lane to thank them for attending. Our vendor partners also received gift boxes along with miniature cupcakes from Velvet Cakes by Gwen.
- Event Planning and Design: Cheryl Yiadom, Lotus Event Management
- Photography and Cinematography: Chip Dizárd, Chip Dizárd
- Cinematography: Cecil Cupid, C Spot Media
- Tia Smith, BB Link Marketing
- Venue: The Grand Ballroom
- Catering: Natasha Stovall-Rolle, Too Blessed to be Stressed Catering
- Floral Design: Roberta Salcedo, Bella Fiori Events
- Stationery, Signage & Branding: Dionisa Ortiz, Wilori Lane
- DJ & Lighting: Max Powers, DJ Max Powers
- Lead Makeup Artist: Linda Gyimah, Embrace Makeup Artistry
- Second Makeup Artist: Toni Fuqua, Toni Fuqua Makeup Artistry
- Violinist: Jennifer Reid, Jen Violin
- Video Photo Booth: Cinemotion 360°
- Wedding Cake & Miniature Wedding Cakes: Monique Outerbridge, Velvet Cakes by Gwen
- Dancefloor & Wrap: PhemStar Event Productions
- Flatware & Dinnerware Rentals: Coveted Co.
- Rentals: BLux Event Rentals and Rue D’vine
- Linens: Nuage Designs
- Balloon Stylist: Crystal Ridley, Lasting Impressions Event Boutique
- Men’s Attire: Miguel Wilson, Miguel Wilson Collection
- Ladies’ Attire: Ashley Young, Bridal Babes
- Event Assistants: Kathryne Carter, Grace and Virtue Events and Victoria Hamilton, VLBH Creations
- Gift Boxes and Signature Cocktail: Lotus Event Management and Wilori Lane
To see more 2021 Muna Serenades click here.