With a fresh take on the ’80s, this styled shoot showcases the decade in a brand new, chic, and artsy way.
The charming ’80s inspired pastel color palette is unique, while also being romantic and airy, which contributes to the whimsical feel of the styled shoot.
I was inspired to create a softer, whimsical, and minimalistic look. There’s a refined nod to 80’s pastels, balancing neutrals with peach and periwinkle tones as well as iridescent highlights.Angelina Corona (Domestic Embelishment)
Angelina Corona from Domestic Embellishment pushes boundaries and shows that one’s wedding can be as creative and unique as they want it to be. Simply put; make your big day as ‘you’ as possible. Angelina also strives to elevate BIPOC representation in the industry and showcase “non-traditional” imagery.
I was fortunate to find the perfect male Ankara that combines abstract shapes reminiscent of 80’s patterns. It was very important to me to incorporate this traditional African garment to elevate not only BIPOC representation but also contribute to expanding “non-traditional” imagery in conventional wedding mass media.Angelina Corona (Domestic Embelishment)
See the beautiful details below!
- Producer + Creative Direction: Angelina Corona / Domestic Embellishment
- Photography: Henny Hwang / Hennygraphy
- Floral Design: Marta Sanderson / La Bomba
- Decor: Angelina Corona / Domestic Embellishment
- Venue: The Wallace
- Stationery: Angelina Corona / Domestic Embellishment
- MUA: Alisha Hopps
- Hairstylist: Natasha Holliday
- Cakes: Joyce Ng / Cakes in a Box
- Wardrobe Stylist: Angelina Corona / Domestic Embellishment
- Bride Model: Alexandra Siouras
- Wardrobe Day Look #1 Bride (without sleeves)
- Wardrobe Day Look #2 Bride (with sleeves)
- Wardrobe Day Look #3 Bride (mini skirt, pink pleather jacket)
- Wardrobe Day Look #4 Bride (dressing room)
- Groom Model: Bob Emmanuel
- Wardrobe Day Look #1 Groom (ankara, grey trousers)
- Wardrobe Day Look #2 Groom (blush suit)
- Wardrobe Day Look #3 Groom (pleather joggers, white shirt)
Find more inspiration here!