Inspired by the color yellow, this Ray of Sunshine styled shoot boasts colorful décor, elegant attire, and breathtaking flower arrangements.
Tira Lynn, the owner of Tira Lynn Events wedding planning company in Baltimore, Maryland, envisioned her “A Ray of Sunshine” styled shoot over a year ago. The yellow inspired photo session was originally planned for April 2020, just before COVID erupted and before the announcement of Pantone’s 2021 Color of the Year. Now, finally able to bring her vision to life, Tira and her team of talented vendors set out to prove a point about the underused color: “the right balance of [yellow] can lend to a bright and fun day!”
Shot against the regal backdrop of The Liriodendron Mansion in Belair, Maryland, they enhanced their fun and flirty theme by incorporating whimsical elements, like a bicycle, and adorned it with elegant yellow florals. They also added cake popsicles, bright cocktails from a local non-alcoholic mixer company, and pops of color in their décor.
Keep reading below for more details on their yellow inspired Ray of Sunshine styled shoot!
- Date of shoot: March 30th, 2021
- Location of shoot: The Liriodendron Mansion in Belair, Maryland
Incorporating a yellow color story with other hues can be difficult. However, Beau Décor didn’t shy away from the challenge! Instead, they added other hues such as corals, pinks, and oranges to balance out yellow’s natural vibrancy. The result is playful, elegant, and filled with joy!
For their décor, Tira explains “… we used linen from BBJ Linen to add texture and not fight against the bold colors.”
Working with Something Vintage Rentals to create a handmade plating design, they added napkins with a yellow design, clear lucent flatware, and yellow goblets.
Each place setting was topped with menu cards created by Type A Invitations. These cards matched the invitation suite with a bold envelope liner.
Finally, they accented the table with white velour chairs trimmed in gold from Nostalgia Event Rentals.
“We showcased elegant, yet simple wedding gowns from Elite Secrets Bridal. And the guys wore gray colored suits from Christopher Schafer Clothier, with subtle touches of yellow in the ties.”
“Hair stylist Tracy of House of Lady and makeup artist Taylor, of Taylor Simpson Artistry, did an amazing job on both of the female models.”
The photographer, Kenny Clapp of Clapp Studios, and cinematographer, Chrissy of Forever Cottman Films, captured a beautiful love story.
“The missing tier cake, provided by Cakes by Lala, was positioned outdoors and stood alone where its base was drenched in yellow florals.”
And they lived happily ever after…
Looking for more yellow wedding inspiration like this Ray of Sunshine Styled Shoot?
- Planner/Coordinator: Tira Lynn Events @tiralynnevents
- Photographer: Clapp Studios @clappstudios
- Videographer: Forever Cottman Films @forevercottmanfilms
- Florist: Beau Décor @beaudecors
- Baker: Cakes by Lala @cakesbylala
- Spirts: Cane Collective @cane_collective
- Stationary: Type A Invitations @typeainvitations
- MUA: Taylor Simpson @taylorsimpsonartistry
- Hair: House of Lady @lady_did_it
- Venue: The Liriodendron Mansion @theliriodendronmansion
- Bridal attire: Elite Secrets @elitesecretbridal
- Shoes: Belle Bella Shoes @bellabelleshoes
- Grooms attire: Christopher Schafer Clothier @christopherschafer
- Rentals: Something Vintage @smthingvintage; Nostalgia @nostalgia_event_rentals; Select Event Group @selecteventgroup
- Linen: BBJ Linen @bbjlinen
- Models: Derek @prettyboihitch; Marcus @thesigningmodel; Paige @paigeohsoriri; Amanda @mandabear2016