Masks are the new norm, so why not make them fashionable!
This is especially true on your wedding day. Today’s styled shoot shows how to step up your wedding style by making masks a fashionable accessory. Creative director Alexandra Dekowski of Luxe Media shares,
It’s not your typical styled shoot, but more of a testament to how those in the events industry (and really most of society) might feel during this time. The editorial shoot depicts a wedding during a COVID world. Models were masked and photographed six feet apart, and they show feelings of angst across their faces. Each mask was made of a material that we carried into our models’ hair and makeup; the masks were really the focal point of the shoot.Alexandra Dekowski of Luxe Media
We love the use of color and texture in the masks, makeup, and fashion. It is the perfect wedding inspiration for the millennial, avant-garde bride and her wedding party. See all of the details below.
We chose to work with faux flowers to show couples they can still use flowers of choice on their wedding day, even if their event is postponed and their desired foliage is no longer in season. We didn’t particularly take the current season into account when selecting dresses, simply for the fact that couples should no have to change their colors or theme due to moving their wedding into a new season. We chose a canned wine brand to be featured to show safety in individualized servings.
- Venue: Haven Street Ballroom Instagram: @havenstreetballroom
- Creative Direction + Planning: Luxe Media Instagram: @luxemediaco
- Photography: Jan Galvan Instagram: @Jangalvan
- Floral Mask + Bouquet: The Rogue Petal Co. Instagram: @roguepetalco
- Face Masks: Victory Masks DC by Something Vintage Rentals Instagrams: @victorymaskdc @smthingvintage
- Attire: Bella Bridesmaids Baltimore Instagram: @bellabridesmaids
- Tulle Bridal Gown: Kiki Riki Instagram: @kikiriki
- MUA: Autumn Estelle Artistry Instagram: @autumnestelle
- Hair: Lauren of Gloss Hair Studio Instagram: @lo_styled @gloss_hair_studio
- Engagement Ring: Nelson Coleman of Towson Instagram: @nelsoncolemantowson
- Vintage Ford: Something Blue Car Instagram: @somethingbluecar
- Wine Brand: Bev Instagram: @drinkbev
- Bride – Mishelle Mitchell @mitchellmishelle
- Blush Dress – Jasmine C. Green @theoriginaljcg
- Blue Dress – Holly Jeffords @hollyjeffords
- Sequin Jumpsuit – Justin Cable @justincable_