Breathtaking Black Panther inspired wedding shoot in Zambia showcases the beauty, love and luxury of Southern Africa.
Creative Director and Planner, Mwai Yeboah, of Love from Mwai has strong ties to Africa. Born and raised in Zambia, her love for her country has only deepened. And in all her travels, Africa will forever be home.
Finding inspiration from the movie, Black Panther, Mwai and her wedding planning team traveled to Zambia with a vision “…to showcase African love, luxury, culture, and lifestyle.” She also hoped to pay tribute to the inspirational Black Panther actor, Chadwick Boseman, whose battle with cancer resonates with her own private journey with cancer.
Shot before sweeping landscapes and breathtaking waterfalls, Mwai and her creative team captured the essence of the film and African culture with an effortless ease of one returning home. It is truly an inspired shoot.
Keep scrolling below for more on Mwai’s vision and inspiration behind her Black Panther inspired wedding! (Featured in our 2022 Winter Magazine!).
- Location of shoot: Zambia
- Date of shoot: December 2021
- Theme: Black Panther Inspired Wedding
“With a never-done before theme, my dream was to inspire and recreate magnetic scenes from the Black Panther movie that celebrate what Africa is.
Ties to Africa…
“As you may already know, I was born in Zambia. Today, I live in the U.K., but my heart continues to strongly beat for Africa, its people, culture, and especially the African luxury wedding industry.”
An emotional tribute…
Mwai and Chadwick Boseman are connected in more ways than one.
Of course, their shared African descent comes to mind. And Mwai adds “our African accents never sounded more familiar to the world as they do today, thanks to him,” but it is their private experiences with cancer that truly connects them.
She explains: “…since the passing of Chadwick Boseman, who played the superhero Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I felt deeply touched and inspired by [his] story as it closely resonates with my own.”
She details her own cancer journey on her blog: Love From Mwai Experiences.
Mr. & Mrs….
Looking for more Black Panther Inspired wedding inspiration?
- Creative Direction and planning: Mwai Yeboah of Love From Mwai @lovefrommwai
- Project Manager: Lonah Shawa @lonahshawa
- Photographer: Stepan VrZala Photography @stepanvrzalaphoto
- Assistant Photographer: Eva Tarnok Photography @evatarnok
- Video: Viktor Kovachev of Made to reminisce @madetoreminisce
- Stylist: Amy of The Timeless Stylist @thetimelessstylist
- Bridal Shoot Cover: Victoria Falls Zambia
- Sunrise Ceremony Shoot: The Gorge, Livingstone Zambia
- Traditional Marriage Blessing Shoot: Livingstone Island & Devils Pool @livingstoneislandzambia
- Marriage Celebration: Tongabezi @tongabezi
- Female: @lonahshawa
- Male: @jacobmwape
- Stationery: Rosey & Co @roseyandcostudios
- Models Dress: Made by: Dodo Wear Designs
- Designed by: @lovefrommwai
- Makeup by: Lonah Shawa @makeupbylonah
- Hair: styled by Lonah Shawa
- Traditional Troops: Mosi-O-Tunya Culture
- Traditional troops outfits: troops own- designed by Mwai yeboah
- Cake: Monannie Cakes @monanniecakes
- Cup cakes: House of Cakes Zambia @houseofcakeszambia2018
- All African Rental and pieces: Urbane Designs @urbannedesiigns
- Florist: Fiona Quiambao @fiona_geoff
- Dry Flowers: Your London Florist @yourlondonflorist
- Bikini and Sharong: Pretty Little Thing @prettylittlething
- Ankle bracelet: @asos