This year, the Pantone color of 2015 is Marsala. It’s a beautiful reddish, burgundy, brownish, color that looks a lot like red wine. How do you know what wedding colors are perfect for you on your wedding day? There really is no right answer. It’s your wedding and you can certainly do what you want to do. However, there might be some guidelines that may help you when choosing your wedding colors. Next to your wedding date and venue, your color palette is important to most of your wedding day vendors.
Image Courtesy of MT Studios
- What’s your favorite color? If you’ve had a favorite color all or most of your life, this is an obvious place to start.
- If you don’t have a favorite color, is there a main color associated with an organization that you’re a member of, such as sorority?
- What time of year is your wedding? If your wedding is in the spring or summer months, a lighter color is more suitable, whereas a darker color is more suitable for the fall.
- What’s the trend for the year, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Great Gatsby, or Downtown Abby? Sometimes wedding colors are chosen based on the most popular movies and trends of the year.
- Lastly, are you planning to get married around your favorite day of the year, such as Valentine’s Day or Christmas? These days are often associated with the color red but Christmas weddings are also known to have an abundance of white and blues to simulate the cold weather.