Earth, Wind & Fire: A Celebratory, City Affair Inspired By The Elements.
Shot in and inspired by the Windy City itself, this beautiful shoot pays tribute to the elements of earth, wind, and fire while highlighting Chicago’s stunning city skyline.
Co-planners Jessica Levi of JLevi Events and Ashley Best of Ash Best Events brought this element-inspired shoot to life through attention to color, material, and attire (and with help from lots of talented people, including our very own coterie member: Laurie Underwood!). Think bold reds, oranges, and yellows for the element fire, organic materials and décor for earth, and movement in the bride’s interchangeable two-piece pant set symbolizing the wind.
In addition to their earth, wind, and fire theme, Jessica and Ashley also shed light on the importance of representation and celebrating black joy and culture in the wedding industry.
“From jumping the broom to incorporating a funk band and collaborating with a team of mostly BIPOC vendors, we wanted to celebrate Black joy and culture. This styled shoot highlights the importance of representation of BIPOC couples and hiring talented BIPOC wedding vendors through support and allyship in the wedding industry.”
So, if you love the city life and organic design, check out how all of the gorgeous details from this shoot came together below (and check out their styled shoot video here!).
This styled shoot was featured in the Summer 2021 issue of MunaLuchi Bride Magazine! View the digital magazine here.
- Wedding Co-planners: Jessica Levi of JLevi Events & Ashley Best of Ash Best Events
- Photography: Nikole Marie Photography
- Date of shoot: September 15, 2020
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Theme: Earth, Wind, & Fire; Industrial chic
Mr. & Mrs…
Jumping the broom…
Her second look…
And they lived happily ever after…
Looking for more earth, wind, & fire industrial chic inspiration?
- Co-Planner + Designer: Clover Events & Productions
- Co-Planner + Designer: Ash Best Events
- Venue: Lacuna Events By LM
- Photographer: Nikole Marie Photography
- Videographer: Kathy Ramirez Films
- Florist: Planks and Pistils
- Band: Funktastic Productions
- Hair: Styles By Jessica
- Makeup: Kimora Mulan
- Cake: JordyCakes
- Specialty Rentals: Posh Studio Rentals
- Linens + Chargers: F & S Linens
- Bridal Attire: Belle Bridal Atelier
- Wedding Bands: Hitched
- Bridal Dress and Pant Set: Laury Bride
- Earrings: Lingua Nigra
- Model: Chelsea Mariah
- Model: Michael Heaven