If you are a bride who wants to stand out on her wedding day, we have some unique wedding inspiration for you.
Inspired by the enchanting color emerald, this styled shoot shows how to perfectly infuse this stunning shade of green into your wedding décor and attire. Get all of the inspiration you need to plan a non-traditional wedding with high-fashion style below.
Our emerald elegance shoot took place at Storehouse 408 in Cambridge in August of 2020. We worked with Altan and Kenique, our bride and groom models for this shoot as we wanted to work with a couple to capture their love for each other, rather than using models. They have been together for several years now, and they live together.
Our bridesmaid is our bridal model Kenique’s good friend, Dayna.
Striving for a high-fashion look, we wanted to create a really special gown for this shoot. We fell in love with the emerald green, gold, black, and white colour palette and felt that it worked well with our message. We tried to use colour in a different way for our shoot, by moving away from the traditional use of bridal whites.
Opting not to go with the white dress, white cars, white linens and tableware, instead, we embraced the luxurious and beautiful emerald green as our feature colour. Gold accents were incorporated as a metaphor for value and worth, to illustrate that all love is valued. The stunning emerald gown was custom-made for the shoot by our talented designer, Queendavis Bridal Atelier.
As a collective group, we were truly inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement. We have noticed how white-centric the mainstream wedding industry and wedding beauty standards can be. Therefore, as a group we decided that we wanted to be a small part of changing that in our community of Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo and surrounding areas of Southwestern Ontario, where we are primarily located. Social justice is a huge issue, and it is evident even within the bridal industry. There are limited mainstream wedding publications that regularly feature people of colour within North America.
We were especially inspired by the couple who had their wedding photo taken while being cheered on by protestors at a Black Lives Matter protest. There was so much love and emotion from the couple, and also from the crowd. It was so beautiful, and very moving. It reminded us of what weddings are really about–not about who can have the prettiest, or most expensive day, but about two people in love, and sharing that love with their family and friends. We feel that all couples deserve to be featured, not just the ones that some of the big names in the industry think should be the standard.
- Photographer – @chasingmomentsphotoco https://www.chasingmoments.ca/
- Planner + Co-Stylist – @styleand_elegance https://www.styleandelegance.ca/
- Stationer + Co-Stylist – @lizkotsamanesdesigns www.lizkotsamanesdesigns.ca
- Live Painter – @emilypaintsevents https://www.emilypaintsevents.com/
- Florals – @sugarbloomfloral http://www.sugarbloom.ca/
- Bridal Gown – @queendavisofficial https://queendavis.com/about/
- Bridesmaid Attire – @hudsonsbay https://www.thebay.com/
- Hair Accessories/Shoes/Clutch – @lacremestjacobs https://lacremestjacobs.com/
- Groom’s Attire – @collins_formalwear https://www.collinsformalwear.com/
- Hair & Makeup – @autumnartistrymakeupandhair https://autumnartistrymakeupandhair.com/
- Cake Artist – @refinedsugarcakes https://www.refinedsugar.ca/
- Chair Rental – @chairsgalore https://chairsgalore.ca/
- Table Linen + Plinth – @heynayos https://nayos.ca/
- Plates + Napkins – @weventsanddecor http://www.weventsanddecor.com/
- Videographer – @beaufilmsvideo http://beaufilms.ca/
- Venue – @storehouse408 https://storehouse408.com/
- Bridal Masks – @gorgeousandguarded
- Luxury Cars – Platinum Limousine Services Inc. email@example.com
- Bride Model – @kentop_model
- Groom Model – @darknightfitness
- Bridesmaid Model – @daynanel