This fairytale garden-inspired styled shoot in Wisconsin celebrates the LGBTQ+ community with bold jewel-tone decor and luscious floral art.
Every couple and every style is achievable.”– Liz Wolf-Dixon (Dream Weddings)
Event Planner Liz Wolf-Dixon of Dream Weddings creates wedding inspiration for an array of diverse clients; however, in her initial research for this styled shoot (specifically for the LGBTQ+ community), she couldn’t find what she was looking for.
“I was researching and researching and it honestly broke my heart that there was almost no real inspiration for such a large group of people,” she shares. “That is how I curated the idea of this styled shoot.”
Set at one of Milwaukee’s most iconic venues, the Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum, Liz and her creative team utilized the well-known venue in new ways. Creating unique ceremony and receptions spaces alongside intricate floral designs by Remington’s Floral & Co., her team illustrates an LGBTQ+ couple in an extravagant fairytale setting. Models Amber and Tasha walk down the aisle as bride and bride wearing a polished white jumpsuit and a delicate lace dress from Miss Ruby boutique.
More sweet details and gorgeous photos from the day by Lusia Studio Photography LLC below!
- Date of Shoot: Aug 2nd, 2022
- Location of shoot: Milwaukee, WI
- Venue: The Villa Terrace
Theme & color story…
I wanted to create inspiration for this venue that is not common or never done. I went with bold jewel tones and unique ceremony locations that are not commonly used at this venue to really make this shoot stand out. The shoot was so much fun and created so much wedding inspiration for a community that needs more.
On representation & inclusion…
As a wedding planner with a diverse clientele, it is a top priority for me and my company to ensure that all Dream Wedding’s couples are represented in the marketplace. With a lack of diversity in the industry as it relates to inspirational content, it is so important to our company that we curate and showcase real weddings, real couples, and realistic services with our phenomenal roster of industry partners on social and as we create content. We curate styled shoots to ensure that our clients can really visualize inspiration for their special day with couples that look like their own relationship.
Venue & decor…
The Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum is one of Milwaukee’s most iconic venues – with a lakefront view, beautiful courtyard, terrace, and gardens, the venue typically sees an array of soft and elegant décor.
Our team wanted to put a twist on the standard wedding setup that this highly sought-after venue hadn’t quite seen done before. We incorporated bold jewel tones and unique ceremony locations to really make this shoot stand out.
Reception space #1…
Reception space #2…
Looking for more fairytale garden inspiration?
- Apparel: Meadow Sweet Bridal
- Linens and Coverings: Windy City Linens – Milwaukee
- Equipment Rentals: Alpha Lit Milwaukee
- Design and Decor: Hello Home Rentals
- Marquee Letters: Alpha-Lit MKE
- Tuxedo and Mens Attire: DuBois Formalwear
- Dress Store: Miss Ruby boutique
- Veil: Meadow Sweet Bridal
- Paper Props: Copper Row Studio
- Design and Decor: Beautifully Layered
- Hair Stylist: Up Dos by Mel Pav
- Makeup Artist: Lauryn Marie
- Bakery: Batter MKE
- Charcuterie: Swiss The Girl
- Floral Designer: Remington’s Floral & Co.
- Event Venue: Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum
- Event Planner: Dream Weddings
- Photographer: Lusia Studio Photography LLC
- Models: Amber & Tasha
- Submitted via Two Bright Lights
Leave a Reply