We have some chic “Haute Blue” wedding inspiration for brides who are looking for unique ways to incorporate this color into their décor and design!
Lead designer Linda Insaidoo Florals and Events shares:
A city inspired intimate wedding shoot at Shangri-La hotel, in the tallest building in the UK, The Shard. This shoot tells a love story of a contemporary and stylish couple, in a setting with a backdrop overlooking London City.
Being of African descent, I am very much aware that wedding celebrations are usually large with many loved ones in attendance, therefore with small weddings growing in popularity due to the current climate, it felt necessary for me to give hope and inspire couples from this and similar cultures, who may be dismayed that their big wedding cannot happen and they are now getting their heads around having a small wedding.Linda Insaidoo of Linda Insaidoo Florals and Events
See all of the opulent details below.
I chose blue as the focal colour, with white and accents of silver and black, as I wanted a bold, yet calm, fresh and stylish palette. The bride wore a stylish Nicole Milano ballgown and a bespoke glamorous blue evening gown by Black British designer, Sarah Boadu, with complementing shoes, jewelry, hair and makeup. I matched the groom’s look with a rich patterned blue suit; a style which is more than the average.
The shoot started off on the grand staircase, which shows a panoramic view of the city; there is nothing quite like a romantic and magical feeling as the bride walks down to meet her groom. The staircase was decorated with over-sized balloon garland to add stylish trend to the overall design.
The shoot aimed to show love, romance and opulence. It took place at the beautiful Shangri-La Hotel on the 34th floor of The Shard in London city. The hotel offers breath-taking and fabulous views of London and is perfect for the couple wanting a contemporary small wedding.
In the small event room, blue and white gypsophila were stylishly designed with anthuriums and other blooms, for a softening yet statement and contemporary effect. The tableware included black cutlery to add some sophistication to the tablescape, and perspex chairs to help keep the setting light against the breath-taking views. The cake and stationery design were kept fresh and modern.
The shoot featured amazing talented like-minded vendors from different backgrounds, in the UK wedding market. It is hoped that this shoot will convey the message that just because you have to cut down your guest list does not mean you need to have any less of a celebration, opulence, and fabulousness.
- Linda Insaidoo Florals & Events – Concept Creator & Planning @lindainsaidooevents
- Linda Insaidoo Florals & Events -Floral Design and Decor: @lindainsaidooevents
- Tell Your Story Photography + Film -Photographer: @tellyourstory.photography
- The Wedding Film Makers – Videographer: @thewedding_filmmakers
- Shangril-La Hotel – Venue: @shangrilalondon
- Laila-Jean Washington – Model: @neffyfrofro
- Dicaps – Model: @officialdicaps
- Model Bride’s skincare: @wildseedbotanicals
- Mirror Mirror London – Wedding dress: @mirrormirrorbridalcouture
- Sarah Boadu – Blue Evening Gown: @sarahboadu
- Aristocracy London – Groom’s suit: @aristocracylondon
- Deborah Lola – Hair: @deborahlola
- Saint Beth Official – Headpiece: @saintbethofficial2
- Yeyes Brides – Makeup: @yeyesbrides
- Anabela Chan Joaillerie – Earrings: @anabelachan
- Great Hire – Furniture & Tableware: @optionsgreathire
- Just 4 Linen – Linen: @just_4_linen
- Ananya Carda – Stationery: @ananyacards
- Puff Puff balloons – Balloonist: @puffpuffballoons
- Rohima’s Cake – Cake: @rohimascakes
- Wardrobe Mistress– @darnelleholder