Wassily Kadinsky said, “ Color is a power which directly influences the soul.” That revealing quote encapsulated this jewel-toned styled shoot which told a story that was inspired by the bride’s look which was classic yet modern. The spectacle of rich, opulent jewel tones in emerald green, lush shades of pinks, and deep royal purples conveyed the eternal imagery of royalty. The color purple from ancient times has been the symbol of royalty and luxury so much so that Elizabethan Sumptuary Statutes were enacted to keep the colors exclusively within the realm of royalty and other aristocratic nobility.
Our bride and groom chose the grandeur of purple to invite us into their visually stunning photo session. Custom gold tables were set with towering gold candelabras and clusters of low flower arrangements of lush hot pink roses, purple carnations, purple ranunculus, and scabiosa black burgundy. Finishing it off with our gorgeous purple floral charger plates with matching gold cutlery sets, lends texture and depth to the overall look, giving it a truly elegant and romantic look. The backdrop was a sweetheart’s dream come true with cascading florals and candles surrounding a bold statement-making an emerald green sofa.
Scroll through the gallery to see the best moments from this jewel-toned shoot.
- Event Planner: www.phoriahevents.com
- Floral Designer: www.trebellaevents.com
- Photography: www.rlj-photography.com
- Rentals: nostalgia_event_rentals | www.dcrentals.com
- Makeup Artist: www.tonifuqua.com
- Hair Stylist: www.gobygeohaghan.com
- Bridal Shop: www.soliloquybridal.com
- Green Gown: www.nordstrom.com
- Grooms Attire: www.stanlion.com
- Stationery Designer: www.putitonpaperstationery.com
- Signage: www.phemstarproductions.com
- Ring Designer: www.moijey.com
- Cake: www.alexandrasweets.com
- Venue: www.themayflowerhotel.com
- Bride /Model: Kenyatta Michelle @youkendobetter
- Groom/ Model: Jean Pierre Toviakou @jeanpierretov