Caribbean and Asian influences fuse in this sensual styled shoot, brilliant in color, texture, and design.
This gorgeous styled shoot was featured in the Spring/Summer 2020 issue of MunaLuchi Bride Magazine! View the digital magazine format here.
Location: Grand Hyatt Baha Mar Resort- Bahamas
The luxe Shuang Ba restaurant at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar resort was the canvas for our styled shoot in the Bahamas. Shuang Ba means double eights in Chinese, which symbolizes prosperity and abundance. Our color palette of warm orange, fuchsia pink and Caribbean blue, popped beautifully against the deep reds and dark woods, Chinese tapestries, and symbolic statues.Envisioned Events by Suzette
The 14 ft table in our private room was the focal point for our intimate wedding reception. We dressed the table with a “Cabaret” orange table linen that has a wave pattern embedded in the fabric with raised metallic hairs. The table settings were arranged with bone white china plates (wave pattern embedded in the design), that were placed on top of gold place mats. Our fuchsia pink satin blend napkins wrapped the salad plate on a slant, with our custom designed scalloped menu cards on top.
We completed our place settings with alligator textured flatware, clear water and red wine stemware and Caribbean blue champagne glasses. Gold framed place cards were placed at the top of the plate and small gold gift boxes, tied with a Caribbean blue satin ribbon, completed the arrangement.
After the place settings for reception guests were complete, we decorated the table’s center with a variety of shiny and matte gold pillar, tapered and tealight candle holders, mixed in with unique gold accent pieces to bring in texture.
Our floral arrangements were simply stunning and all acquired locally. The centerpieces incorporated a variety of roses, mini hydrangeas, carnations, seeded eucalyptus, stock, spray roses and Italian ruscus in deep pinks, purples, oranges and greens. The florals were arranged in an array of gold vessels that were absolutely beautiful.
Our bride and groom bought the heat in their custom designed attire. Our bride wearing couture designs by Kosibah and our groom donning designs from Garcon Couture. The wedding cake incorporated our color palette and bought a modern sophistication to the wedding experience.
The “Shuang Ba Nuptials” came together beautifully and made it “better in the Bahamas!”
- Planner & Designer: Envisioned Events by Suzette
- Photographer: Nana Annan Photography
- Videographer: Luxor Wedding Films
- Bride Model: Erika Adderley
- Groom Model: Theodore Elyett
- Wedding Dress Designer: Yemi Kosibah
- Groom Attire Designer: Garçon Couture
- Makeup Artist: Felicia Graham
- Hair Stylist: Hair by Sadiku
- Stationery/Menu Cards: Oda Creative
- Linen & Table Decor: Jai Event Rentals and Design
- Bridal Hair Accessories: Moza Bridal Choice
- Floral Designers & Table Decor: Pineapples & Powertools & Engaged and Beyond
- Cake Artist: Take a Bite Bahamas
- Venue: Baha Mar Resorts & Grand Hyatt Baha Mar