Every bridesmaid gets a knot in her stomach when it comes time to finding out what she will be wearing at the wedding. The terror of sporting lime green taffeta could make you want to fake sickness on the day of the wedding. As the maid of honor, it was my job to support my sister’s decision while giving her my honest opinion; luckily, she has been anything but a “bridezilla” and would never purposely pick an ugly dress. To keep everyone in the loop she signed us up for Weddington Way, a bridal website that has some amazing dresses. We surveyed the website and each added styles to the showroom we thought would look great on everyone, then voted on what we liked best. We were deciding on which dresses to buy, but first headed to Bella Bridesmaids for a dress fitting, we wanted to explore all options. While there we found what we thought were the perfect dresses, my sister has a knack for finding what she needs the first time out, but unfortunately the price and delivery time were too much. We headed back to Weddington Way and ordered our dresses right before the deadline, a lesson learned – always start dress shopping at least 6 months in advance.
Do you have a good or bad story about your bridesmaid dress? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out on social media and tell us your thoughts. We’d love to hear from you!
Here are a few tips to make your dress shopping as stress free as possible:
1. Be open with your bride and let her know what concerns you and the rest of the party might have about fit, color and style. The bride does not want to have the people in her wedding party to look horrible in these photos do speak up!
2. Start following designers and bridal fashion on Instagram, Tumblr or their blog for inspiration. Check out our #munabridesmaids feed on instagram!
3. Keep on top of the bride to make sure she sets away time for to schedule dress fittings and picks a dress in a timely fashion. Some designers may take up to 4 months especially if the dress is exclusive to one store, don’t miss out on the perfect dress because you waited until the last minute.
4. Once the bride makes her decision search online to see if you can find a better deal on another site, BUT do not just purchase your dress anywhere make sure it’s reputable! Read reviews online to see what others said about the service and quality.
5. Search for a tailor and schedule a time for everyone to go so that all alterations are made in a timely fashion.
6. Buy some killer shoes and look flawless at the wedding!