2020 has been a particularly trying year for so many and Ashley is no exception.
After working overtime at the CDC, postponing and eventually, cancelling her wedding, Ashley Brooks deserved a night of fun and her favorite holiday is Halloween. So, the wedding vendors who were originally booked for her wedding decided to come together to celebrate Ashley with a styled birthday shoot including her close friends, cocktails and cake, a spooky good time with a bohemian flare.
Planner Ellywise Studios shares,
Ashley’s favorite holiday is Halloween and after her original date had to be postponed she discovered, to her delight, her vendors and venue were available for a new wedding date 10/31/20. Plans were made, decorations purchased, vendor mood boards updated. When it rains it pours, her fiance then broke off their engagement in late July 2020. She has been very gracious in this dark moment, so myself and a few others of her original wedding vendors put together a celebration shoot to honor her and have a bit of fun in spite of her otherwise sad summer. This shoot has given Ashley photographs she can upload without having to live with her outdated or engagement photos while also being able to execute some of her contracts without total loss for her or her small business vendors.
See how to turn unexpected endings into new beginnings with a fabulous celebration below.
While this shoot in aesthetic and narrative may not fit the standard bright and happy vibes our industry typically celebrates, not all couples (especially 2020 couples) experience a flawless, straight path to the altar. This dark and moody Halloween themed party is a celebration of Ashley and her positive outlook she has for “moving on.” Many small businesses and clients are losing so much business and good-feelings with the COVID pandemic, I thought this intimate shoot could be a beacon of light for those in need of friends and family during this time as well as ideas for small wedding businesses to execute contracts for clients in this time of uncertainty.
- Photography: http://www.ashleybenhamphotography.com/@ashleybenhamphoto
- Paper + Planning: https://www.ellywisestudios.com/@ellywisestudios
- Florals: https://www.tcbmoments.com/@tcbnco
- Calligraphy: https://bellascriptdesigns.com/@bellascriptdesigns
- Cake: https://www.instagram.com/zo_bakes_things/@zo_bakes_things
- Mixologist: http://www.applesaucebartending.com/@applesaucebartending
- Macaron Favors: https://www.17berkshire.com/@17berkshire
- Rentals: http://propcellar.com/@propcellar
- Models: @kingbee___@rhinoelle
- @dominiquemonae__ @ ashleybmccarthy