Anthony and Javelle’s beautifully renovated farmhouse was a charming backdrop for their formal, black-tie wedding.
The bride and groom surrounded by their closest friends and family were married in a beautiful, black-tie outdoor ceremony. The timeless decor added to the elegance of the day. The reception featured simple yet elegantly appointed tablescapes with candles and white floral arrangements while guests were seated on gold Chiavari chairs.
The bride’s gown in a traditional a-line silhouette softly and beautifully spoke to her sense of elegance and sophistication. Javelle wore a Milla Nova off-the-shoulder ivory gown and added a touching rosary to her bouquet to carry down the aisle in the memory of her late father. The groom also embodied the formal wedding day aesthetic choosing to wear a classic black tuxedo. The ceremony which was held during the Covid-19 pandemic was an “intimate and memorable dream wedding.” Scroll down to view a gallery of photos from the couple’s romantic ceremony and reception.
- Couple: Javelle and Anthony Wages
- Occupations: Sales And Marketing Manager/Contractor
- Location: Our Five Acres Farmhouse
- Wedding Date: November 14th, 2020
- Bridal Gifts: Satin robes, Voluspa candles, pearl bracelets and earrings
- Groomsmen: Personalized Flasks
- Gifts for one another: We invested so much into converting our home into a venue that we decided to opt out of gifts.
- Ceremony entrance song: “Ave Maria” by our Harp Player “Taylor Krebs”
- First dance song: “I am yours” by Andy Grammer performed live by “J’Nelle”.
How did you meet?
We met at a Young Professionals of Orlando Happy Hour event.
Tell us about the proposal
We were on vacation in Turks and Caicos. On our last day right before we went to the airport, he invited me to our hotel’s rooftop to take pictures. As I observed the view to find the best lighting for our pictures, I turned around and he was on one knee.
We wanted a black-tie wedding and selected our attire accordingly. I was inspired by royal weddings and wanted the longest train and veil I could get my hands on. My husband wore a classic black tuxedo while I opted for an Ivory Milla Nova dress from their Royal collection.
We released white LED light balloons to the song “Daddy save a dance for me” sung by Alicia Keys & Whitney Houston as a tribute to my father in lieu of a father daughter dance. He passed away in 2009. It was very emotional and heartfelt, everyone felt the raw emotions, it was a beautiful tribute to honor my father.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
We incorporated a Caribbean carnival session during the party. We had flags and engaged everyone on the dancefloor to learn all the carnival moves.
Wedding Advice for Engaged Couples
On the “day of” let go of all the control. It goes by so fast, live in the moment, enjoy every second.
- Venue: Our Home
- Photographer: Beatriz Arronte Photography IG @beatrizarrontephotography
- Videographer: Msmimage IG @msmimage
- Wedding Planner, Florist and Decor: Royal Events Services IG royaleventsandservices
- Harpist: Taylor Krebs
- Cake Designer: Publix (Signature Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing)
- Live Entertainment: @iamJnelle
- Rentals: Elite Events & Rentals
- Catering: Catering by the family
- Wedding Dress & Accessories: Milla Nova
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Vera Wang
- Groom’s and Groomsmen Tuxedos: Men’s Wearhouse
- Makeup: Everything Fabulous