A passing glance and a subtle smile was all it took for Leslia and Leander to believe in love at first sight. From the moment they met, this handsome couple knew they had an undeniable chemistry, but it was Leander’s chivalry that sealed the deal for Leslia. She shares, “Leander is a perfect gentleman. Before he asked me out on a first date, he approached my father and got his approval, which is admirable.” When Leander was ready to propose, he again asked Leslia’s father for permission and popped the question on her birthday!
Their luxurious winter wedding had a “Royal Winter Elegance” theme that showcased the sweet, whimsical and nostalgic nature of love, while incorporating Leslia’s impeccable sense of style and glamour. Guests were transported into a magical winter wonderland the second they walked into the ceremony space. The church had been transformed into mystical winter landscape through the use of all white décor, and an assortment of white flowers that hung from tree branches to create the appearance of a snow on a winter day. Everyone was equally mesmerized when they entered the royal reception space, which featured stunning flower arrangements and textured table linens in shades of purple, blush and white. At the center of amazing reception décor stood a towering six tier, white wedding cake that was reminiscent of an enchanted ice castle.
While the décor was simply stunning, all eyes were on Leslia who looked like a queen in her custom made gown. She shares, “Having been in many beauty pageants and representing my country around the world, my aim was to find a gown that made me feel like a ‘bride.’ Through my travels I was introduced to a designer, Mr. Juan Carlos Pinera, and I expressed to him what I was looking for and how I wanted an amazing wedding gown that would be both beautiful and memorable!” Indeed Leslia was unforgettable in her first dress, a Juan Carlos Pinera dropped waist gown with crystal embellishments along the bodice. She complimented her regal look with a crystal statement headpiece that glistened like snowflakes throughout the night. Later on in the evening she changed into an equally stunning, form fitting gown that flared into fun and flirty feathers. The only thing that shone brighter than the winter décor at this luxurious wedding was Leslia and Leander’s love for each other. This beautiful wedding photographed by KBobb Photography is also featured in our Spring/Summer issue which is on newsstands now.
- Wedding Date: 10/5/2013
- Wedding Location: Nassau, Bahamas
- Wedding theme: Royal Winter Elegance
- Color Scheme: The church was all white and the reception was shades of purple with hints of pink
- Wedding flowers: Hydrangeas, Callalillies, hanging amaranthus, Roses, Dendrobium orchids, Cymbidium orchids
- First Dance: “I knew I Loved You” by Savage Garden
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Red velvet and chocolate mousse
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Tamarind Bronze Beef Fillet and Caribbean Lobster Tail, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Straw vegetables
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Personalized robes, personalized hanger, customized wedding shirts
- Groomsman Gifts: Customized cufflinks
You Make Loving You So Easy
From the Groom…You know you’ve found the right one when: She can make you smile; no matter how low you’re feeling. You can fall asleep at night, every night, and the last thing you think about is her. Where you can have an argument and however big or small, just minutes later you’re back and stronger together than before. When you know you are able to love the girl for the rest of your life and you know you’ll never need anyone else. I’ve found my girl, the woman of my dreams and look forward to day when she can show the world that she loves me, the same way I love her when we take our vows as husband and wife.
From the Bride… Admirable, amazing, courageous, breathtaking, intelligent, caring, encouraging, loyal, loveable, mischievous, optimistic, honorable, mysterious, supportive, passionate, unique, exciting, handsome…these are the attributes that made me fall in love with my best friend, the man of my dreams, my fiancé…Leander Brice! God has brought an angel into my life, with a heart of gold! I don’t question God when it comes to Leander…I thank Him for blessing me with a man like none other. He’s my rock, my confidant and best friend…the love I have for him grows daily with no end! He gives unselfishly and provides endlessly for me and our family. He’s a diamond is my eyes and I treasure him for he is my prize!
- Wedding Dress Designer: Mr. Juan Carlos Pinera
- Bridesmaids Dresses/Gowns: Tony Bowls, www.tonybowls.com
- Hair: Hair of Essence Beauty Salon and Rhema Beauy Salon
- Shoes: Louboutins
- Ceremony Location: Living Waters Kingdom Ministries
- Reception location: Kerzner International/Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island www.atlantis.com
- Photographer: Mr Kirth Bobb of KBobb Photography / (Member of The Coterie)
- Videography: Mr. Ian Pinder
- Wedding Planner: Five Seasons
- Florist: Bahama Fantasies
- Cake: Atlantis pastry chef
- Stationary: Invitations by Ajalon
- Event Designer: Mr Gregory Wilkinson