Camille and Pop’s fairytale destination wedding in Sarasota, Florida was a celebration of family, love, and music!
Set against a stunning sunset, they tied-the-knot at the elegant and historic Powel Crosley Estate in Sarasota, Florida. Their guests dined on decadent food and danced beneath crystal chandeliers on the mansion’s lawn! Camielle ended the night by serenading her new husband with her own rendition of Sabrina Claudio’s “Frozen.”
Keep reading below for more details on their love story and fairytale destination wedding!
- Couple: Camille Fisher and Darold “Pop” Trotter
- Occupations: Darold (Entrepreneur) Camille (Property Manager/Real Estate)
- Wedding date: November 6, 2020
- Wedding location: In Sarasota, Florida at The Seagate Powel Crosley Estate
- What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen: The bridesmaids were gifted Jo Malone perfume, robes, personalized stemless champagne flutes, earrings, bracelets, Mask with the letter of their first name and ceremony shoes
- Gifts for one another: They gave each other the “gift of putting God first and loving each other unconditionally!”
- Ceremony entrance song: “You Bring Me Joy” by Anita Baker, sang live by Tammi Brown
- First dance song: “That’s What Love Can Do” by Robin Thicke
Bling & accessories…
How they met…
Camille and Pop first met in 2014.
“It was on a Thursday Evening at a Pizza Bar in Atlanta that had a live band,” Camille says. “Music is our thing!”
While traveling together with 12 family members in Jamaica, Pop expressed he wanted “everyone to meet at breakfast so he [could] pay homage to [Camille’s] Uncle for being an upstanding person.”
Camille’s uncle played a special part in their relationship. While dating, her Uncle was working in California while his house was being built in Georgia. Camille recalls, “Pop and I would drive to the lot where his home was being built on the weekends after church.”
So, with everyone gathered for an intimate breakfast in Jamaica, Pop began a toast.
He thanked Camille’s uncle for “allowing [them] to build [their] foundation in his home that [they] watched being built from the ground up.” He also offered his remodeling skills if he ever needed them. When Pop was almost finished with his speech, his brother interrupted to ask how long they’ve been together. Camille’s cousin shouted “five years!” and Pop replied by saying “five years” again. His brother quickly responded “he should make it official,” and they went back and forth for a second.
Camille sat back laughing, but then things got interesting when Pop countered: “I tell you what, if you buy the ring I’ll propose.” Camille’s cousin quipped: “where they do that at?”. Then Pop’s brother dramatically slammed a ring box on the table!
“I didn’t see it coming,” Camille recalls, “and no one at the table knew besides his brother. Everyone was so excited and wondering what happened, meanwhile I was overwhelmed with joy and excitement of what was to come. I was on cloud 9 for the remainder of the vacation!”
Wedding attire & shopping experience…
Camille had a total of three dresses for her wedding! While she started her wedding dress journey looking for something like a “sexy, fitted mermaid dress with a super long train,” she ultimately chose something to reflect their royal venue.
Looking back on her shopping experience, Camille found it “fun and overwhelming.” Starting out with a different vision of what she thought she’d wear, Camille ultimately chose a princess inspired look.
“I found my dress and a skirt at Anya bridal to go over it to give me that princess look,” she says. “I also wanted to change for the reception so we went to Winnie Couture for my final look.”
For Pop, he chose a handsome custom-made suite from GQ with sleek black trim, bow-tie, and leather shoes.
Their first touch…
Best wedding day memories…
Camille and Pop’s both agree their best wedding day memory was literally “the whole wedding” outside of saying “I do.”
“After the “I do” was said everything turned into a collage of beautiful moments!”
Reception space & décor…
Advice for other engaged couples…
The pair stresses the importance of “inviting those who are there to make lasting moments with you.”
“Although we had over 100 guests, it still felt very intimate because it was all about celebrating love and laughter with the people who are close in heart.”
Looking for more fairytale destination wedding inspiration?
- Venue: Powel Crosley Estate
- Event Planner: Jennifer Matteo Event Planning
- Cake: Cakes by Ron SRQ
- Catering: Puff ‘n Stuff
- Florals: Ivy and Vine Floral Design
- Photographer: Dominique Comerie – DLC Innovations
- Table rentals: US Tent Rental
- Chair rentals: A Chair Affair INC
- Table Top Rentals: Treasury Rentals
- Lighting & Dance Floor: Palacios Events
- Linens: Nuage Designs
- Linens: BBJ Linen
- Officiant:Dr. Ch Braddy
- Custom Bar: Style House Rentals
- Hair: House of Vanity LLC – Julynna Legrand
- Makeup: Slay by Shay