Daniella and Cary’s digital love story seamlessly blended two people and two cultures into one for a breathtaking multi-cultural celebration in Ghana to symbolize and celebrate the couple’s upcoming marriage.
The traditional kokooko or knocking ceremony was intended for Cary to formally request Daniella’s hand in marriage while his family accompanied him. The magnificent ceremony coordinated by Nana Sarpong was filled with modern and traditional Ghanaian elements that gave the event its atmosphere of joy and hope for the future.
To see more of this exquisite Ghanaian ceremony scroll down through the gallery below.
- Couple: Cary and Daniella
- Occupations: Software Developer| Director at Fintech
- Wedding Date: January 22, 2022
- Wedding Location: Accra, Ghana
How Did You Meet?
Online with Hinge.
Tell Us About The Proposal
No proposal, it’s a knocking ceremony. He went to Ghana to propose to my family.
Kente cloth to represent Ghana and an ABS suit for Cary to represent his American roots.
What Was The Wedding Shopping Experience Like For You?
I had my dress custom made. It was pretty easy.
Did You Incorporate Any Culture Into Your Wedding?
Yes, the knocking ceremony is traditionally Ghanaian. From the dancing to the drummer to the food.
First Dance Song
Juvenile: Back That Ass Up| Monalisa
Ceremony Entrance Song
Traditional Adowa dancers
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Seeing him and his family there.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Do what you want on your wedding day.
- MC| Event Coordination: Nana Sarpong
- Decor: Eunoia Moments
- Videographer: Ripple Effect
- Photographer: Reminisce Photography
- Kente dress: Ajoa Akwaboah
- Men’s Outfit: Odina Couture
- Catering: Nyo Nyo
- Cake: Afuas Sweets LLC
- Make Up: Luxed Visage
- Bridal Gifts: Keys + Kredo
- Hair: Mane By Fatmata
- Manicure: Russian Nails DMV
- Coconut stamp: Hex N Hit Stamps
- Drinks: DD’s Cocktails and More