Rosy & Peter’s glamorous seaside wedding has an emotional first-look, stunning backdrops, and lots of dancing!
The couple’s oceanside nuptials took place in Newport, Rhode Island at the elegant and contemporary venue: the Belle Mer. Decorated with white flowers, a glass archway, and a white isle runner, the pair said “I-do” surrounded by their closest friends and family. A night of dancing, laughter, and love ensued. They couldn’t imagine a more perfect day!
Keep reading below for more details on their love story and glamorous seaside wedding.
- Couple: Peter and Rosyana Brandao
- Occupations: Rosy is a Senior Project Manager at Liberty Mutual Insurance; Peter- Finance & amp; Insurance Manager at 24 Auto Group
- Wedding date: September 26th, 2021
- Wedding location: Belle Mer Longwood Venue, Newport RI
- Gifts for your bridesmaids and groomsmen: Bridesmaids received custom tote bags, robes, slippers, and infinity bracelets. Groomsmen were given custom flasks, a shot glass, socks, a bottle opener, tie clip, and a tactical knife set.
- Gifts for one another: Peter gave Rosy a diamond tennis bracelet and she gave him a Rolex.
- Bride ceremony entrance: “Why I love You” by Major; “Let’s Get Married” by Jagged Edge; and “All My Life” by KC & amp; JoJo
- Reception Entrance song: Meek Mill’s “Dreams and Nightmares” intro portion switched to Neyo & amp’s “Fabulous Make Me Better.”
- Reception song: “Pertam” by Jossyln
How they met…
Peter and Rosy’s love story began after meeting at a friend’s birthday celebration at a Boston nightclub.
Rooftops are a favorite pastime for these two. So, it was only natural for Peter to pop the question atop one!
While vacationing in Cartagena, Colombia, Peter led Rosy up to a rooftop where her favorite flowers, chocolates, and a picture perfect candid photo-op awaited her. As the sun was setting, he dropped to one knee and asked Rosy to marry him! Of course, she said yes!
Wedding attire & shopping experience…
For Rosy, she admits: “The wedding shopping experience was fun yet stressful as I wanted every single detail to be perfect.” She ultimately chose a modern and sleek mermaid gown with a long train and veil.
“I knew this one was the one when all my guests, including myself, shed a tear the moment I put it on.”
She accessorized her look with shimmering silver Aquazurra shoes with subtle rhinestone detailing and spritzed on perfume by Baccarat Rouge 450.
Peter donned a navy blue suit from 9Tailors with a custom grey vest. The vests interior added extra flair with an inner lining representing cities and skyscrapers from all the places the couple visited together. Another unique detail included their wedding date embroidered inside the jacket. He paired his sleek suite with brown oxfords by Christian Louboutin, custom engraved cufflinks (with their initials on them), and Cartier Hennessey tinted sunglasses. As a final touch, he wore cologne by Bond No 9 Lafayette Street.
Their first look…
Best wedding day memories…
One of their favorite wedding day memories was their first look.
“We were torn on whether or not we wanted to do this,” Rosy says, “but the intimate moment with just us two was the best part of the day. The minute we first saw each other, we sobbed with all of the emotions we felt on this big and special day.”
Mr. & Mrs….
Reception space & décor…
Together, the couple admit they are “both big into Cape Verdean music.” This love was reflected throughout the day in their entrance songs and mother/son and father/daughter dances.
“It was a night to remember full of dancing!”
Cutting the cake…
Advice for other engaged couples…
For starters, the pair advice couples to acknowledge (and accept) that “something will go wrong” and to “try and enjoy the moment because it does go by fast and is over within the blink of an eye.”
Rosy adds, “if questioning the first look, we’d say go for it as that is the moment for just you two!”
And last but not least, they advice engaged couples to “…trust that when the day comes, everything will fall into place!”
Looking for more glamorous seaside wedding inspiration?
- Venue: Belle Mer
- Photographer: Yuri Vaysgant Wedding Photography @vaysgantweddings
- Videographer: Together Forever Films @togetherforeverfilms
- Designer & Planner: Behind The Design @Behindthedesign
- Florist: Sydney Smith Designs @sydneysmithdesign
- Cake: Toni Marie Cakes @cakesbytonimarie
- Make-Up: Alexis Seng @makeupbyseng
- Make-Up: Carla Lopez @makeupbyclopez
- DJ: DJLefty @djlefty401
- Table Top: Dez Collective @dez.collective
- Lighting: Lighting Audio and Visual @audioandlightingunlimited
- Photo Booth:The Luxury Booth @theluxurybooth
- Dance Floor: @fantasydancefloors