Janelle and Claude’s Jamaican wedding was a dream filled with breathtaking scenery and glamorous decor.
They can’t remember the exact day they met. Janelle shares, “We were just two friends from high school days that became best friends and then….more.” Eventually, they embarked on a long-distance relationship, using every app available to stay connected.
When they were sure that nothing, including distance, could keep them apart, Claude decided it was time to pop the question. He pulled off the perfect proposal on the beach in Miami.
For their wedding, they decided to honor their Jamaican heritage by getting married at the White Witch Golf Course in Montego Bay, Jamaica, which overlooks the Caribbean ocean. It was a night filled with Jamaican food, music, and lush decor. Their planner, MunaLuchi Coterie member Lleia Luxe Events, shares, “The color scheme was all white with hints of blush and gold while the dress code for guests was all black & black tie. The ceremony featured an oversized white canopy covered with hydrangeas and roses and oversized floral arrangements in white pedestals that lined the aisle. The reception was held under a clear top tent that featured chandeliers and oversized gold centerpieces filled with white hydrangeas and blush roses. Tables also featured glass runners that were covered in hydrangeas, floating candles, and gold chargers.”
- Bride & Groom: Janelle & Claude
- Occupations: Event Planner & Business Owner (Car Dealership)
- Wedding date: August 4, 2019
- Wedding location: White Witch Golf Course, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen: I gave my bridesmaids earrings with individual messages and customized robes with their names.
- Gifts for one another: We opted out on this one, as we thought becoming one was enough of a gift for the day.
- Ceremony entrance song: The bride’s entrance song was Beyonce and JayZ – “Die with you”
- First dance song: Haley Reinhart- “Can’t help falling in love with you”
How They Met
The truth is, we can never agree on the exact moment we met. We were just two friends from high school days that became best friends and then….more. Later on, our decision to journey into a long-distance relationship proved to be worth the miles apart. Thanks to Windows Live Messenger, BBM, Skype, ooVoo, Tango, Whatsapp, WeChat, Instagram & Snapchat, we were always just a ‘ping’ away. We figured out soon enough that distance could never separate two hearts that were meant to beat as one.
Claude took me to Kimpton EPIC hotel in Miami Beach for brunch. We had breakfast at Area 31, an upscale restaurant on the 16th floor that had panoramic views of the waters of the Biscayne Bay and Miami River. After brunch, we headed to South Beach. He took me to a private area and we relaxed on the beach for some time. Claude then proceeded to get down on one knee and ask if I would spend the rest of my life with him. I of course, said YES!
My wedding dress was from designer Martina Aliana. It was a mermaid style gown with a lace and glittered bodice. The dress featured detachable sleeves and had a cathedral veil to match. The shopping experience at Rashawn Rose Bridal was so much fun. I was lucky enough to have my mom, grandmom, aunt, and 2 bridesmaids to help me make a decision. Claude’s tuxedo was from designer Eaden Myles. It was a textured ivory jacket with a black lapel and a custom button that was covered in black crystals.
Incorporation of Culture
We are both Jamaican, and we incorporated a lot of Jamaican culture in the wedding, specifically in the music and food choices.
Best Wedding Memory
One of my favorite memories of the wedding was the choreographed dance by myself and my bridesmaids. My mother surprised me by also taking part in the routine, which was to a Jamaican dancehall song “Bro Bro” by Ding Don.
My best advice would be to not “sweat the small stuff.” I urge engaged couples to relax and take time to enjoy the wedding planning process. Also, I think its important to not lose sight of the ultimate goal, which is the marriage and not the wedding.
- Wedding Planner: Lleia Luxe Events (@lleialuxe)
- Venue: White Witch Golf Course (@whitewitchgolf)
- Photographer: Stanley Babb (@stanlophotography)
- Decor: New Levels Decor (@newlevelsdecor)
- Wedding Dress: Martina Liana Bridal (@martinalianabridal) sourced from Rashawn Rose Bridal (@rashawnrosebridal)
- Groom’s Tuxedo: Eaden Myles Design (@eadenmyles)
- Makeup Artists: Sue Gregg (@suethemakeupgirl) & Ys Beauty (@mua_ttt_tia)
- Hairstylist: Hair by Jhade (@hairbyjhade)
- Hair Extensions: Infinitely Hers (@infinitelyhers)
- Lighting & Production: Starlight Production (@starlightproductionja)
- Catering: Bellefield Greathouse (@bellefield876)
- Cake: Cake Couture (@cakecoutureja)
- DJ: DJ Blu (@djblu876)
- Monogram & Custom Signs: Janpeachy Productions (@janpeachy)