When Fatana and Massood envisioned their wedding, they knew they wanted to use the beauty of nature as their decor. So, they headed to the beach in Mexico for a wedding that perfected fused minimalism with luxury.
Bride Fantana shares, “We wanted the beach and the beautifully lit night sky to be the main décor. We enhanced it by adding hundreds of candles all throughout the ceremony and reception. The tables were covered with candles. We wanted it to be as romantic as possible!”
The stunning simplicity and breathtaking beauty of their wedding made a bold statement- sometimes less is more!
See all of the gorgeous details below.
- Full Name of Couple: Fatana (Tana) Temory & Massood Etemadi
- Location of Wedding: Akiin Tulum
- Wedding Date: Nov 3, 2019
- Favorite item on menu: Churros – when in Mexico it is a must!
- First dance song: Love song 311
- Advice for brides: Be best friends, marry your best friend. Looks and lust fade, but a strong friendship will last forever.
Tell us how you met and all about the proposal.
We met at my 21st birthday. I had invited a few of Mass’s friends and he tagged along not knowing he was going to meet his future wife! Mass proposed in beautiful New York City at the infamous Rainbow Room, the 65th floor of the Rockefeller Center – where many iconic stars got married. We like to do date nights and travel! Anything where we can spend quality time together.
How did you know they were “the one”?
Mass held all the qualities I looked for in a man, a husband and a future father to my children. When I realized that, I knew I would be an idiot to ever let him go. That is when I knew he was the one for me.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
Our goal as Afghan Americans was to embrace the beauty of both cultures. We had the traditional afghan wedding song playing as my father walked me down the aisle, and we said vows – something that is not common in afghan culture, but we wanted to embrace the beauty of both cultures, as Afghan Americans. We also did henna and read from the Quran, a historical tradition in the afghan culture.
Describe your wedding style.
We wanted the beach and the beautifully lit night sky to be the main décor. We enhanced it by adding hundreds of candles all throughout the ceremony and reception. The tables were covered with candles. We wanted it to be as romantic as possible!
Describe your wedding dress and your favorite wedding accessory.
Wedding dress: Lace and see through – perfect for our beach wedding.
Wedding accessory: my husband’s aunts had given me his grandmother’s diamond ring, I never had the chance to met her but Mass’s grandparents were very special to him and helped raise him. I was honored to have worn it and have a piece of them with us. They would have loved to be there.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
A dreamy night filled with love. The air was filled with love and happiness from every guest, surrounded by hundreds of candles under the perfectly lit night sky. We picked a destination wedding because the most important thing for us was spending time with the people we love the most. Not just one night, but a whole weekend to create beautiful memories together! We feel we achieved it.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Be best friends, marry your best friend. Looks and lust fade, but a strong friendship will last forever.
Other memorable details…
XB is the best of the best. I did so much research and her work blew my mind. She is so talented, and her wonderful team – I knew she was the one for us! Our amazing videographer, Yossuana. Her work is unreal and moving. Our amazing photographer as well Hazel eyes photographer.
- photography: Hazel Eyes Photography @marissa.siebert
- event planner: XB Weddings @xanathbanuelos
- videography: Yossuana Aguilar – @yossuanafilms
- bride’s dress: Pronovias @pronovias
- bride’s headpiece and/or veil: Pronovias @pronovias
- bridal salon: @studio_kay
- makeup artist @edithgarib
- bride’s headpiece and/or veil: @panachecostamesa
- cakes/desserts: Akiin Tulum @akiinevents
- catering: Akiin Tulum @akiinevents
- ceremony venue: Akiin Tulum @akiinevents
- event decor/design: Xanath Bañuelos @xanathbanuelos
- entertainment: The Juanras @thejuanras
- florals: Pure Love – @purelovefloraldesign
- groom’s attire: The black tux @theblacktux
- hair: Gamaliel Alvarez – @gamalvarez_hairandmakeup
- lighting: Deco in a Bag @decoinabag
- linens: Deco in a Bag @decoinabag
- makeup: Edith Garib – @edithgarib
- reception venue: Akiin Tulum @akiinevents
- rentals: Canteiro – @canteiroweddings
- stationery: Minted – invitations and Menus & Christy Healy @minted @mintedweddings @lazycreativedesigns