Featured in MunaLuchi Bridal Magazine, Issue No. 27, this couple’s sweet bilingual ceremony in Boston was the perfect blending of culture, family, and love.
Merilin & Marquise’s love story begins at a Memorial Day BBQ in Boston. After their initial spark, a fiery romance followed (eventually leading to love!), a surprise proposal on their 5th dating anniversary, and now walking down the aisle together, committing to forever.
Set at the Four Seasons One Dalton in Boston, their wedding was the perfect beginning to celebrating the official start of the rest of their lives together. Highlights included sweet handwritten notes from one another read on the morning of their wedding, custom footwear from Jimmy Choo, and a bilingual English/Spanish ceremony to ensure all of their guests could take part in their special moment.
More sweet details below!
- Couple: Merilin & Marquise
- Date of wedding: July 2, 2022
- Location: Four seasons One Dalton Boston
- Gifts for your bridesmaids and groomsmen: Initially, everyone in the bridal party received customized gift boxes including mini Moët or Gentleman Jack alongside personally engraved small goods. The bridesmaids received satin pajamas and pearl earrings, and the groomsmen were gifted bowties on the wedding day.
- Gifts for one another: We opted to give one another handwritten notes the morning of the wedding.
How they met…
We met at a Memorial Day BBQ in Boston.
Their first look…
Marquise proposed on our 5th year dating anniversary during the pandemic. He read me a poem on a bench at Paul Revere Park facing Boston’s Zakim Bridge.
I wore an Ines Di Santo gown with Made-to-Order Jimmy Choos which included the wedding date on a golden plaque at the sole.
Marquise wore a custom ivory double-breasted blazer from the Houston-based designer: Well Groomed Man. He chose Jimmy Choo loafers to complete the look.
Wedding shopping experience…
Seamless. The bridal assistants at L’elite Bridal, Julia at Jimmy Choo, and Wayne from Well Groomed Man were attentive to every detail.
We had a bilingual ceremony (English/Spanish) to ensure that all our guests could be a part of our special moment. We also incorporated the jumping of the broom to honor the African-American tradition.
Best wedding day memory…
Saying “I do!”
Reception room reveal…
Wedding advice for other engaged couples…
Remember that the day is ultimately about celebrating your love and that the most important part is becoming one.
Looking for more multicultural wedding inspiration like their bilingual ceremony?
- Planner and Designer: Behind the Design
- Photographer: Vaysgant Weddings
- Videographer: Together Forever Film
- Floral Designer: Sydney Smith Design
- Makeup: Alexis Seng
- Venue: Four Seasons One Dalton Boston
- Tabletop: Labe Lux Rentals of Elite Events
- Bridal Gown: Pronovias
- Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choos
- Grooms Attire: Well Groomed Man
- Bridesmaids Dresses: BHLDN by Anthropologie
- Linens: BBJ La Tavola
- Groomsmen Attire: The Black Tux