Vintage-glam destination wedding in Louisiana celebrates love, family, and New Orleans wedding traditions – including an epic parade!
Shana and Shane traveled back to the location of their first couple’s trip in New Orleans to say I do!
Set at the Doubletree New Orleans Downtown, they exchanged vows before Shana’s grandmother, Reverend Lorine Williams, as their Officiant. Following the ceremony, the brass band, Young Fellas, announced their nuptials as they paraded through the New Orleans streets!
Keep scrolling below for more on their love story and vintage-glam destination wedding.
- Couple: Le’Shane Jones & Shana Williams
- Occupations: Shana is a TV Producer and Shane is a Maintenance Tech
- Date of wedding: October 22, 2021
- Wedding location: Doubletree New Orleans (New Orleans, LA)
- Gifts for their bridesmaids and groomsmen: the girls received robes and the boys were given cigar boxes
- Ceremony entrance song: UGK FT OUTKAST – International Players Anthem
- First dance song: Anthony Hamilton – Point of it All
How they met…
Shana and Shane first met through a mutual friend. He believed the two would be a match made in heaven… and he was correct! They’ve been together ever since!
Ready to take their relationship to the next level, Shane brought Shana back to where they took their first couple’s trip (and Shana’s favorite place): New Orleans.
Shane planned an elaborate photo shoot in Jackson Square and soon, as the photographer set the up the shot, Shane popped the question!
Their first look…
Mr. & Mrs….
The couple’s wedding was “a night in New Orleans” with a vintage glam style.
“Our wedding was a destination wedding,” Shani adds, “So we wanted to give our guests a whole New Orleans Experience.”
And they certainly did!
With their wedding set in New Orleans, Shana and Shane embraced all the culture around them.
“We did most, if not all of New Orleans wedding traditions, with the second line band being the highlight of the wedding. Everyone said they left with an experience!”
A celebratory parade….
Wedding advice for other engaged couples…
“Focus on keeping your sanity together and building your relationship. The wedding is just one day!”
Looking for more vintage-glam destination wedding inspiration?
- Event Planning and Coordination: Kennidy + Camron
- Photography: Kayla Lazard Photography
- Videography: Studio 87 Media
- MUA: JaLacey Simon
- Brass Band: Young Fellaz
- Hair Install: Sharon Williams Hair
- VENUE: Doubletree New Orleans
- Second Line Umbrellas: Kay Glitterific
- DJ: Djredstylez
- Rentals: @chateaumenteur @truevaluerental @memorable_events
- Bride’s Dress: Allure Bridals
- New York Bride & Groom of Columbia
- Bride Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Bridesmaids: David’s Bridals
- Groom’s Tux: New York Bride & Groom of Columbia
- Grooms shoes: Stacy Adams
- Groomsmen’s Tux: New York Bride & Groom of Columbia