Ahmad and Courtney’s bespoke wedding ceremony was a modern yet traditional ode to true love.
Messaging is a powerful and crucial component for any successful brand. Messaging is not exclusively only for the business world but for the power couple as well. Ahmad and Courtney’s nuptials gave us a masterclass in showcasing the spectrum of black excellence.
They deeply desired to have their love story intertwined with black celebrity couples whose love stories have been an inspiration to many in the African American community. From all-black vendors to a black excellence scavenger hunt, Ahmad and Courtney sought with intentionality to strategically dedicate their messaging on their wedding day to align with the power of black-owned business and love. Take a look at the gallery below to see how Courtney and Ahmad celebrated their day with their family and friends in a community of black love.
- Couple: Courtney Milton and Ahmad Murrah
- Wedding date: Saturday, October 24, 2020
- Wedding location: The View at Fountains, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Occupations: Talent Acquisition Manager and Product Owner within IT.
How did you meet?
We met in Nashville, Tennessee on a dating app.
Tell us about your dress shopping experience
My wedding dress was absolutely stunning and made just for me. It was important for me to purchase my dress from a black owned seamstress, but not go into the poor house. My now husband has always been vigilant in finding black owned vendors and companies, so he actually found Pantora Bridal who designed my dress. My experience was top tier. They were extremely professional, passionate, and eager to assist me. They provided me affordable options that fit my body type and I was so pleased with the custom details.
Wedding Day Gifts
I was gifted a diamond bracelet and earrings on my wedding day from my husband and I gifted him a Rolex watch.
My favorite memory from our wedding day was stating our vows. As I walked down the aisle, I soaked in the beauty of the decor and all of my family and friends. However when my husband and I said our vows nothing else mattered. Although we had numerous guests, I only saw him, which will be one of the most memorable moments of our lives.
- Planner, Coordinator, Design, and Florals: Weddings Unlimited by Danielle
- Venue: The View at Fountains
- Catering: Chef Batts Catering
- DJ: DJ Smooth Entertainment
- Bartending: You Fill Me Bartending
- Cake: Pretty Paige Cakes
- Photography: JAO Photography
- Decor Photography: Juniper Photography
- Zoom Streaming: Skye Studios
- Videography: Marsh Productions