Terrance knew he had to pull off the perfect proposal to his college sweetheart Katava. It had to be intimate and heartwarming. So he enlisted the help of their daughter.
Katava reminisces, “He just simply sat next to me and started professing his love for me. I still didn’t think anything of it, until my daughter walked in with music playing and a ring box. I turned and he was on one knee and the rest was history.”
After quarantining for months due to COVID-19, the couple was happy to reconnect with family for their July nuptials. Katava shares, “Unfortunately, we had to reschedule our honeymoon to Jamaica due to the pandemic until our one year anniversary, but it gives us something to look forward to!”
For now, they can hold on to all of the beautiful memories from their elegant, lakeside wedding in Georgia. See the gorgeous details below.
- Couple: Terrence & Katava Smith
- Occupations: State Farm & Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Wedding date: 7/17/2020
- Wedding location: Pristine Chapel Lakeside, Jonesboro GA
- I gifted my bridesmaids with satin robes and jewelry. His groomsmen were gifted cuff links, shot glasses and cigars.
- The ceremony intro song was one of his favorite throwbacks. “Dreams and Nightmares” by Meek Mill.
- Our first dance was to “Best Part” by Daniel Cesar Ft. H.E.R
- My advice to newly engaged couples would be to choose the things that are special to you and your fiancé. Outside opinions are just that “opinions”.
How did you met?
Terrence and I met near his hometown in Missouri. He stopped my sister who he knew previously to talk. He introduced himself to me. When I walked away of course he asked my sister to put a word in for him. We met my senior year in high school. He graduated the previous year. He left for college in January, and I followed soon after. We were college sweethearts!
Tell us about the proposal.
The proposal was simple and sweet. He proposed at our home with the help of our daughter. It was a surprise to me but planned out by them. He just simply sat next to me and started professing his love for me. I still didn’t think anything of it, until my daughter walked in with music playing and a ring box. I turned and he was on one knee and the rest was history.
Describe your wedding style.
I would describe my wedding dress as simple elegance. Shopping for my dress was short and sweet. I chose my dress at my second bridal appointment.
What do you love the most about each other?
One of his greatest attributes is being a family man he’s a great dad.
The thing I love most about her is that she is very caring, loving, considerate, and respectful.
What was the most memorable moment of your wedding?
One of the most enjoyable moments of our wedding was just simply having our families together. It was especially refreshing since we were fresh out of quarantine .
- Photographer: Bonnie Blu Studios @BonniesBridal @Bonnie.Blu
- Wedding Venue, Planner, Cake, Decor, & Florist: Pristine Chapel Lakeside @Pristine_Chapel
- Dress Designer: Essence of Australia
- Dress Boutique: Formally Yours @FormallyYoursGa
- Tux/Suit: Evolve Clothiers
- Shoes & Accessories: Bartley Mischka
- Hair Stylist: Roshund Robinson
- Mua: Dani Gold