Shon and Anthony’s formal, southern wedding was the epitome of elegance, coupled with Shon’s love of crystals, bling, and glitter which made their nuptials “A night to remember.”
After only one glance, Anthony had to find the woman staring back at him through the TV screen, but as fast as she was there, she was gone again. With only a first name to give him hope, he searched Facebook with no luck. The mystery woman that stopped him in his tracks that day had disappeared. Anthony had to find the woman that he was searching for, “I’m looking at one of my friend’s Instagram page liking pics and one of the pictures I liked just happened to be her son. She comments on the picture, I see her face and boom sent her a request…not knowing that she was the woman who I had been looking for.”
A year after their engagement, Shon and Anthony had a stunning blinged-out wedding in South Carolina. Their nuptials were elegantly captured by Creative Images Photography. Scroll down to see more of the exquisite details from Anthony and Shon’s stunning wedding.
- Couple: Shon Harris and Anthony Cabbagestalk
- Occupation: Contract Engineer / Florist and Warehouse Manager
- Wedding Date: November 14, 2020
- Wedding Location: Columbia, South Carolina
- Gifts for one another: For Anthony-a Bulova watch and for Shon-A diamond tennis bracelet
- Ceremony entrance song: “Never felt this way” -Brain McKnight
- First dance song: L.T.D. featuring Jeffrey Osborne-“Love Ballad”
Tell us about the proposal.
During Anthony’s proposal, Shon asked him if he was sure and asked why now? Anthony’s response was … “I’ve been waiting for you my whole life. We are the epitome of trust God’s timing.” Anthony thoughtfully proposed to Shon at home with a private dinner for her where he got down on one knee and asked her to be his wife on November 21st, 2019.
Once again for Shon, social media played another surprising role in her life when she found her spectacular, wedding dress from Crystal Design on Instagram. “I saw my dress on IG one day. It literally took my breath away! I found it with the help of my planner Elegant Events & Designs .” “It was actually pretty easy. I saw the dress I wanted, the store flew in a replica for me to try on and the rest is history.”
Anthony and Shon’s formal, southern wedding decor was the epitome of elegance, coupled with Shon’s love of crystals, bling, and glitter which made it “ A night to remember.” The couple’s wedding colors were black and white with rose gold as their accent color of choice.
“My favorite memory from my wedding was the surprise from the bridal party during our first dance. Anthony and I were dancing to L.T.D. featuring Jeffery Osborne- “Love Ballad” when we saw everyone walk up and surround us. We were so confused! They then threw rose petals all over us as we danced on the clouds. It was magical and almost made me cry but I didn’t want to mess up my makeup lol.”
“The best advice that I can give engaged couples is to take your time when planning a wedding and remember why you are getting married in the first place. Anthony & I are best friends and that helped so much during the entire process”.
- Wedding Planner: Sylvia Jordan IG: elegantevents&designsllc
- Venue: April Jones IG: thegalabyjw
- Florist: Valerie Bennett IG: xpressions_floraldesigns
- Makeup Artist- Kimberly Henderson IG: kim_beauty23
- Wedding Photography: Rodney Williams IG: creativeimagesphotographyllc
- Catering: R&T Catering
- Bartender Services: Yusi Sabree (IG: thejwbartendinggroup)
- Cake: Desmond Pringle (FB: gardenia’s Custom Cakes & Catering LLC)
- Draping , floor, tables, chairs: Joe Stanley (IG: Illuminationssc)
- DJ & Dancing on Clouds Effect (Reception) (FB: Mitchell Reid DJNYCE)
- Men’s fashion: Travis Shuler (FB: Suit Yourself Menswear & Custom Apparel)
- Wedding Bridal Party Hair: Demetrius Cunningham (IG:demetriuscunningham)
- Bride’s Nails: Ombre Nail Salon (IG:hannah_nails_2810)
- Bridal Shoot Floral: done by bride (IG: bellesfleursbyshon)
- Vintage Furniture: Brandy Alicea (IG: beesvintagerental)
- Dress: Designer -Crystal Design ordered from( IG: Anjolique Bridal)