A beautiful, seaside vow renewal – as seen in the Spring/Summer 2020 Magazine.
For nearly a decade, Andrea and Michael’s relationship has thrived in the face of ups and downs. They met through a mutual friend while Andrea was studying nursing in Jamaica. She recalls, “We met at Michael’s grandmother’s house in Patrick City Kingston, Jamaica. We exchanged numbers, but it took awhile for us to go on our first date. Three years later, I moved to the USA. Michael proposed in the OBGYN’s office the day we found out we were having twin boys. It was so unexpected, but we were both overwhelmed with emotions.”
After five years of marriage, they decided to renew their vows and commitment to each other in a stunning outdoor ceremony at a castle in Jamaica. Andrea shares, “As a little girl my family and I would drive past The Trident Castle on Sundays. It was always my dream to get married there.” Family members, friends and their precious children cheered them on as they exchanged vows on the Castle grounds overlooking the ocean. Guests then headed inside for the reception where they dined on traditional Jamacian cuisine and desserts. As Andrea and Micheal looked at their guests, they were filled with so much love. It was a full circle moment that allowed them to reflect on how far they’d come since meeting at Michael’s grandmother’s house all those years ago.
- Full Name of Couple: Andrea & Michael Robinson
- Vow Renewal Location: Trident Resort & Castle, Port Antonio, Jamaica
- Vow Renewal Date: July 13, 2019
- Wedding flowers:
- Bridal bouquet– White hydrangeas, white, pink & deep pink roses, blush and white peonies Italian ruscus, silver dollar eucalyptus and white stock
- Ceremony Arch – Rose gold arch with hydrangeas, white, pink and deep pink roses and white stock
- ○ Ceremony Aisle – White planter boxes and cylinders with white hydrangeas, white and pink roses, pink ginger lilies and white stock.
- Reception – White hydrangeas, white, pink & deep pink roses, silver dollar eucalyptus and white stock
- Favorite item on menu: Our favorite item on the menu was our Jamaican wedding cake.
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Earrings from Tiffany & Co.
- Groomsmen Gifts: Best Man – Rolex Watch; Groomsmen – Salvatore Ferragamo Wallets
- First dance song: Perfect – Ed Sheeran featuring Beyonce
- Advice for brides: My advice for brides is, there will be a lot of emotions before and on your wedding day. Try not to be consumed by them and enjoy YOUR day.
Incorporation of Culture
Our wedding was a destination wedding. I grew up in a small town in Jamaica, whereas a little girl my family and I would drove past The Trident Castle on Sundays on our way to Boston to get Jerk Pork, Chicken and festival. It was always my dream to get married there which I told Michael and he made my dream come through.
The best memory of our wedding was the dancing when all the formalities were over and we could finally let loose.
Wedding Advice for Engaged Couples
With regards to planning, hire a competent and amazing planner who really listens and understands. For the couple, be fair with each other and be able to compromise. Enjoy the process too, make it fun.
- Planning & Coordination: Avenue 8 Events
- Venue: Trident Resort & Castle Port Antonio, Jamaica
- Flowers & Decor: Blooming Designs Jamaica
- Photographer: Michelle Lawson Photography
- Cinematography: Elite Media Concepts
- Music & Lighting: Elite Media Concepts
- Stationery & Invitations: Penn & Paperie
- Hair: Cadey Style
- MUA: Brushed by Nicole
- Cake & Desserts: Island Sweets Jamaica
- Transportation: Tourwise Jamaica
- Bride’s Dress: Martina Liana
- Bridal Salon: Boca Raton Bridal
- Bride’s Headpiece and/or Veil: Martina Liana
- Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Monique Lhuiller
- Maid of Honor Dress: Jovani
- Catering: Trident Resort
- Entertainment: Elite Media Concepts
- Groom’s Tuxedo: Le Premier Miami
- Groom’s Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Groom’s Accessories: Burberry
- Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
- Linens: Blooming Designs Jamaica