Anthony and Khyrista Jones’ luxurious evening wedding in the early spring was set at The Grand Hall in Kansas City, Missouri.
The building which is recognized as having one of the finest examples of art deco architecture in the United States, perfectly reflected the wedding ceremony’s fresh, modern color story with its beautiful custom white decorative moldings which adorn the grand lobby.
The couple who met through mutual friends, celebrated their nuptials with a mix of vintage glamour and modern detailing. Their beautiful engagement story unfolded at a Pediatric conference in Florida, and there Anthony proposed to Khrysta on the beach one year before their wedding. The ceremony itself featured elegant shades of creams, the softest of blush pinks, ivory and gold. The wedding theme seemed to be so gorgeously reflected in the bride’s romantic wedding dress and veil which featured lavishly trimmed lace detailing. To find out more about their sumptuously appointed ceremony scroll down below to view their wedding and reception photo gallery.
- Couple: Anthony and Khyrista Jones
- Occupations: Pharmacist (Anthony) and Pediatric Physician (Khyrista)
- Wedding Date: April 7, 2019
- Wedding Location: The Grand Hall- Kansas City, Missouri
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Take your time. ENJOY the moments of engagement. There truly is nothing like the time of planning and soaking up the “bride to be” experience and excitement.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
I first went to a bridal store chain and I thought this would be a PERFECT place to start. I tried on about 10 -15 dresses, which is actually exhausting! (I recommend having a person come with you for moral support and to help you take the big dresses on and off!)
After the first bridal store, I went to a small boutique. I loved the personal attention of the shop. It was smaller and had a select group of dresses that I thought would match my style. The associate brought me a brand collection that she thought I would enjoy after describing to her what type of dress I liked. I immediately fell in love. I tried on five different dresses from the designer of choice , and wala-It was a hit!
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
My husband’s side of the family is Jamaican! We incorporated some of his traditional music during our reception.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Hands down the support of family and friends! They pulled us through. Having my friends with me the whole day was the best.
- Photography: IG @thekindcollectivekc
- Videography: Shawn Gormely Films IG @shawngormleyfilms
- Wedding planner: Weddings by Hannah IG @ weddingsbyhannahkc
- Catering: The Blue Pot IG@thebluepot
- Cake: Chef Shop Stark IG@chefshopstark
- Entertainment/Lightening/Production: Elite Sounds KC IG @elitesounds
- Florist: Good Earth Flowers IG@goodearthfloral
- Rentals: UltraPom IG@ultrapom
- Draping: Platinum XP IG @platinum_kc
- Hair: LouRose Salon IG @lourosesalonandstudio
- Hairpurchase: IG@onetrulydivine
- Makeup: IG @theginavictoria IG @the_prettybar