Santana and Tee said “I Do,” in the most dramatic fashion. They had a Beauty and The Beast themed wedding complete with an ice sculpture rose, and all of your favorite Disney characters.
The couple, who met in middle school, paid homage to their favorite Disney movie by dressing up as the main characters. Santana wore a beautiful gold ballgown and looked just like Princess Belle. Cortius dressed in a Beast costume for the first part of their romantic and theatrical ceremony. When Santana’s love transformed him into a prince, he reappeared in a dashing tuxedo. (See the video at the end of this post!)
Guests were wowed by their attention to detail, which included appearances from the movie characters Mrs. Potts, Chip, Cogsworth, and Luminere, an intricate Beauty and the Beast-themed wedding cake, and a horse and carriage exit.
See all of the magical details below.
- Couple: Cortius and Santana Sims
- Occupations: Tee (personal trainer) Santana (registered nurse)
- Date: February 23, 2020
- Venue: Spring Hall (Atlanta, GA)
- What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen? We only had amazing children to be Mrs. Potts, Chip, Cogsworth, and Luminere. All they wanted so an extra cake. O and our awesome planner was the Featherduster.
How did you meet?
We met at Peachtree Middle School at field day May 10, 2000.
Tell us about the proposal.
We were on vacation (cruise). He planned on surprising me by volunteering us for one of the couple game shows and doing it on stage, but the people we were traveling with made us late. Tee became very frustrated because things weren’t going the way he planned. He went to the casino for a few hours to clear his mind while I went to bed. He came to the room around 3 am and woke me up. When I rolled over he was down on one knee next to the bed. I was half sleep rolled back over and told him to stop playing. He woke me all the way up stating he wasn’t playing and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said yes.
Describe your wedding style.
Santana- I knew what kind of dress I wanted I had to be Belle. The problem I faced was finding a gold wedding dress. I had to think outside of the box. I started looking at quinceanera dresses because they have a variety of colors and found the perfect one. It was really fun trying on different dresses with my friends and family.
Tee- I was the Beast so my first outfit was a beast costume with a mask, fur hands, and bare feet from Amazon. When I changed into the prince I wore an ivory and black suit from Men’s Wearhouse complemented by a red rose lapel, red bow tie, and red pocket square. The experience was overwhelmingly exciting because I knew what I was putting together.
Tell us about the wedding planning process?
The planning was very exciting. Every time we told our vision to a vendor they became excited to work with us. Everyone did such an excellent job at helping us execute our vision. Susan Chin at Spring Hall in Atlanta was a GOD send. She brought everything together and made what most thought was impossible possible. Every little detail was perfect.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
We are of Christian faith. We had our first communion together. We lit a unity candle with our son signifying bringing a family together
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Tee – Seeing my wife walk down the aisle toward me made my heart so full and excited.
Santana- Standing in front of my husband before GOD making a vow to be forever his.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Don’t let family/friends put you in a box and tell you what you can and cannot do. It’s your wedding have fun with it you only do it once.
- Photography: Esteli Mijares
- Event planner: Emore’ Campbell Events
- Bride’s dress: Quinceanera Dresses
- Bridal salon: Cinderella Gowns (Lilburn,GA)
- Bride’s headpiece and/or veil: Chapel Beauty
- Bride’s shoes: Etsy (Seller: YourHeartDesires1)
- Catering/Cakes/desserts: Spring Hall
- Ceremony & Reception venue: Spring Hall
- Event decor/design/Florals: Spring Hall
- Entertainment: Viondi Pate
- Groom’s mask and suit: Amazon
- Groom’s suit: Men’s Warehouse
- Groom’s shoes: D&K Suits
- Hair: Brittany Thompson
- Makeup: Britani Litmin
- Stationery: Robbins Nest Stationery
- Videography: Alex Radelich
- Horse & Carriage: Nottingham Shire
- Ice Sculpture: Ice Sculpture Inc
- Nails: @atlnailbeast