Teasia and Jose tied the knot at their blooming summer wedding at Locust Grove Estate!
The couple met by chance at an Auntie Anne’s in one of their local malls. After seeing Teasia, Jose knew he had to ask her out on a date, but not before freshening up and looking his best.
After leaving the mall, he drove home, showered, changed his clothes, and returned to my job to introduce himself and ask me on a date.Teasia
Jose proposed a day after the couple moved into their new apartment together. As Teasia was showing her mom and friend the patio area, Jose came outside, got on one knee, and asked Teasia to marry him. She immediately said “yes!”.
Planned by our very own Muna Coterie member, Oh Niki Occasions, their beautiful outdoor summer wedding features lush red and purple florals along with the picturesque landscape of Locaust Grove Estate.
Learn more about their love story and see the beautiful details below!
- Couple: Teasia & Jose
- Occupations: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and Truck Driver
- Wedding date: August 26, 2021
- Wedding location: Locust Grove Estates Poughkeepsie, NY
- Gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen: The bridesmaids were gifted a custom bag with their names on it, a silk robe, wedding jewelry, and champagne glasses. The groomsmen were gifted a bottle of Bel Air champagne.
- Ceremony entrance song: I walked out to the instrumental of K.C. And Jo Jo “All my life” and then “Best Part” by H.E.R. The groom came out to a custom music mix of Dipset “I’m Ready” and Instrumental of Lloyd Banks song “I don’t deserve you”.
- First dance song: “Always and Forever” by The Heatwave
How did you meet?
We met at Auntie Anne’s Pretzels in the mall where I was working at the time. Jose came to the mall after work to buy a new CD. While in the mall he stopped at Auntie Anne’s for a pretzel. That is where we saw each other for the first time. After leaving the mall, he drove home showered, changed his clothes and returned to my job to introduce himself and ask me on a date. We exchanged numbers that day, but we did not officially date until a few years later. We dated for four years broke up for one year and came back together and have been inseparable ever since.
Tell us all about the proposal
We moved into our new apartment just the day before the proposal. I was home cleaning and organizing and my best friend called me and said she was in the neighborhood and was coming by. My mother called me also and said she wanted to come by to see the new place. Jose then told me his sister was also coming by and he asked me what I was planning. I went to show my best friend the outdoor patio and when I came back into the house I noticed everyone with their camera out and then Jose grabbed my hand and got down on his knee and asked the question. It was an immediate yes! This was during the pandemic so he had our family and friends viewing the proposal through Facebook live.
I wore a fitted mermaid-style wedding dress. The wedding dress shopping experience was easier than I thought it would be. I found a dress in the first shop we went to and it was the second or third dress that I tried on. I fell in love with the style and look; it was perfect for me. I’m usually very picky and indecisive but I knew it was the dress for me.
What was your best memory from your wedding?
The first dance. I had always dreamed about how that moment would be for us and living it was even better than I had imagined.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Hire a wedding planner. It makes life so much easier!
Looking for more summer wedding inspiration?
- Planner & Designer: Oniki Hardtman
- Photo: Dante Williams Photography
- Video & Photo Booth: Ross Media
- Florals: Gentle Events
- DJ: DJ Curt Krez
- Bridal MUA: Brides by Melanie B
- Hair Stylist: Nikky Latty Hair
- Bridesmaids MUA: Tatyana Reeves
- Caterer: Chef Wenda Gardner
- Bartenders: Last Chance Bar & Restaurant
- Cake: Pastry Garden
- Pretzels: Auntie Anne’s Pretzel’s
- Tabletop Rentals: Durants Party Rentals
- Linens: BBJ LaTavola
- Officiant: Danni Rogers Sr.
- Stationery: Minted