Today, many people choose to find love over the Internet. For Monique and Robert, they were tired of the regular dating scene and looking for something different. In 2009, the Internet was the beginning of a love ever lasting. Monique and Robert exchanged several emails and decided to meet up for a trial date. Their first meeting went well and led to an official date, which led to date two and three. Shortly after, Robert was thinking about Monique and wanting to spend more and more time with her. He was enjoying every minute the two of them shared.
After a surprise birthday proposal, the couple happily started wedding planning. They decided on a purple color scheme to represent elegance, and butterfly accents to represent the beginning of new life. There were plenty of touching moments during their ceremony that reflected their love of family and their faith. Monique shares, “For us, God is most important so we added God’s Knot, which is the cord of 3 strands. The gold strand represents God at the center of the marriage, the purple strand represents the groom, and the white strand represents the bride. The braiding of the strands symbolizes the union of God, husband, and wife.” Monique also honored her mother who passed away, but was there in spirit, by placing a beautiful drawing of her on a chair at the front of the ceremony. Tiffany Chalk Events planned this gorgeous, spiritual union, and Paul Pruitt Modern Photography photographed every beautiful moment.
- Wedding Date: 4.26.14
- Wedding Location: The wedding took place at the Sheraton Wilmington South, New Castle, DE
- Wedding Flowers: Purple and white floral with calla lilies.
- Wedding Theme: Inspiration for the theme/design was the color purple, which represents elegance. The silver provided the sparkle. The butterfly accents requested the beginning of new life!
- Favorite Accessory: My favorite accessory was the crystal neckline jewelry added to the dress.
- First Dance Song: Our first dance was to “It’s Your Love” by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Red velvet with cannoli and amaretto with Bavarian cream and fresh strawberry.
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Bridesmaids gift were fashion tote bags, which include their diva couture jewelry, scarf, and popping lip-gloss for the day.
- Groomsmen Gifts: The groomsmen gifts were embroidered socks and pocket-square and utility knife.
How They Met
Beginning in 2011 we were in a long distance relationship not knowing where things would go. We talked often and visited each other every few months. With each visit our separation became harder and more apparent that I wanted more from this relationship. I often thought about the next visit, and the one after that. Not knowing what would happen but always wanting more. It got to a point that the distance became my enemy. I was ready for us to come together and begin a life together.
I knew Monique was the one for me because she is smart, patient, and kind. She is ambitious, focused, driven and most of all she is a true beauty that shines inside and out. I love her physical being as much as her mental and could not begin to think of another that could mean the same. She is my all.
I knew Brian was the one for me because he gave me balance in my life. He is the most caring person I know, he is giving, understanding, trustworthy, and a family man. When I have needed a friend during difficult times, he has been there, a true definition of a ROCK to stand on. And most of all he loves me unconditionally and whole-heartedly with no reservations.
Our journey to tying the knot began on April 27, 2012…
Brian was in town visiting for my birthday and we were getting ready to go out to dinner. He needed to go to store to grab a few things so I waited at the house. When he returned, he requested I go upstairs and not to come down until he called for me. While I waited I was thinking he was preparing my birthday gift and really didn’t think too much about what was going on. He calls me downstairs…I hear music playing and as I approach the steps there are rose petals going down stairs leading to the living room. I get to bottom of stairs and there are candles lit and photos of us from over the last few years on various trips and events out.
I walk around looking at all the pictures remembering when and where we were in each of them. He gave me a bouquet of flowers and I said, ” This is a really nice birthday gift!” Brian says I have one more surprise can you close your eyes? I said “Sure”…. at this point I’m CLUELESS about what is about to happen…just going along with everything.
So Brian says, “open your eyes”. When I open them I see him on bended knee and a ring. I immediately start crying and miss the whole proposal…LOL I asked him to repeat what he said…. I still don’t remember what he said.
I said YES!
The dress was one shoulder with a touched bodice with drop waist and layers of ruffles.
Most Memorable Moment
The best memory for me was my father walking me down the aisle to my husband to be and then shortly thereafter becoming Mrs. Cavendar.
Help A Bride-To-Be Out
The best wedding advice I can give is to hire a wedding planner. Give yourself and your husband to peace of mind to enjoy the process of planning. The wedding day is about two people coming together and their families coming together.
- Coterie Member – Wedding Planner & Event Designer: Tiffany Chalk Events see their profile here.
- Coterie Member – Cake: Desserts by Dana
- Coterie Member – Cake Topper: La Bella Vita Designs, LLC / View profile here
- Photographer: Paul Pruitt Modern Photography
- Jewelry: Divacoutoure
- Videography: Front Street Video
- Wedding Dress Salon: Fantasia Bride
- Stationery: Wiregrass Weddings
- Reception location: Waterfall Banquet & Conference Center
- Bridesmaids: Claire’s Fashions Inc.
- Embroidery: T&T Custom Embroidery
- Hair: Halo…The Salon
- Makeup: KLynn Artistry
- Ceremony Location: Sheraton Wilmington-South
- Groomsmen: Collar’s n Cuffs www.collarsncuffsonline.com