Who doesn’t love a love story that begins in college? That’s exactly the beginning of Tye and Michael. They met through mutual friends and allowed their friendship to grow. After a few years of being good friends, their friendship blossomed into love and the two begin dating during their last semester of college, just prior to graduation. As they say, the rest is history!
- Wedding Date: 5.7.14
- Wedding Location: Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Wedding Flowers: Pink and Purple Roses and Sweet Peas
- Wedding Cake Flavor: Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Filling
- Bridesmaids/Groomsmen Gifts: The bridesmaid received Michael Kors wallets and the groomsmen were gifted with their wedding day attire.
- Favorite Item on the Menu: The Steak and Vegetable Lasagna
- First Dance Song: Poison by Bel Biv Devoe
How the couple met
The couple met through mutual friends while in college. Tye and Michael became really good friends and after a few years of being good friends, their friendship blossomed into love.
When it came time to propose to Tye, Michael put a great deal of thought into it and didn’t leave any detail to chance. Over a candlelight dinner, he ensured that the moment was truly customized with Tye’s favorite food, drinks, and romantic atmosphere.
Tye and Michael’s wedding theme was Relaxed Caribbean Chic, so befitting for a wedding in Antiqua!
Their style was understated elegance. Tye’s favorite accessories were her earrings, bracelet, and shoes; the things that most girls love!
While Blue Waters Antigua provided the beautiful views and great food, the couple kept the relaxed feel of the wedding by incorporating steel drums during the ceremony. Tye says that she and Michael wanted to have fun and a relaxed and enjoyable wedding for all of their close friends and family.
Tye’s advice to other brides, “Begin at the end. Envision what you both want for your wedding day and choose what is most representative of you both as a couple. Stick to what you and your future husband want for your special day and do not let others pressure you into what they want for you. The people that love you the most will support what you both want. It’s your day. Also, stress is inevitable so do not let it get the bet of you. You can plan but it will be what it will be. The secret is in the details. Enjoy each other and the entire process and ask for help! My husband was an incredible asset and became a secret weapon when I asked him for help. But most importantly, take in every moment and focus on celebrating your love for each other.”
- Venue: Blue Waters Hotel, Antigua
- Wedding and Events Manager: Mandie Joseph-Braithwaite, Blue Waters Hotel
- Food and Beverage: Vincent Andrew, Blue Waters Hotel
- Bride’s Attire: Vera Wang, Swarovski Jewelry
- Groom’s Attire: Brooks Brothers, Cole Haan
- Hair and Makeup: Gwen M. Albarado, The Spa Blue Waters
- Reception Venue and Decor: The Cove Restaurant at Blue Waters Hotel
- Flowers: Blue Waters Hotel
- Videography: Direct Digital Productions
- Music: DJ CLalls
- Wedding Stationery: The Green Kangaroo
- Favors: Titleist
- Wedding Jeweler: Kadella Diamonds