Timothy and Erika were originally planning a big church wedding, but like many couples, they had to shift their plans due to the pandemic.
“Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we had to cancel pretty much everything we had planned and thoughtfully reduce our guest list,” Erika shares.
However, having a smaller wedding did not make the day any less special. “Even though your options might be somewhat limited and your guest list may be small, you can still have a magical wedding. Remember that it is about dedicating yourself to the person you love, in the presence of all the people you cherish. Everything else is secondary,” Ericka advises.
We totally agree. See Timothy and Erika’s charming blue and white wedding perfectly captured by Destiny’s Creations Photography below.
- Full Name of Couple: Timothy and Erika Glover
- Location of Wedding: Hillcrest Manor in Birmingham, AL
- Wedding Date: October 25, 2020
- Wedding flowers: Calla lilies, baby’s-breath, and roses
- Favorite item on the menu: Baked chicken
- Bridesmaids Gifts: The jewelry they wore in the wedding, shot glasses, and custom robes to wear while getting ready.
- First dance song: “Baby, Hold on to Me” by Gerald Levert
- Advice for brides: Don’t stress over the small things. Focus on enjoying your special day and all the memorable moments that will stay with you for a lifetime.
We met through mutual friends who knew we would hit it off together through their matchmaking efforts. We’ll always be grateful to them for introducing us to each other’s soulmates.
The proposal was completely unexpected! We had been together nearly five years and I always dreamed of being his wife and having a family together. I was busy in the kitchen and Tim said, “Erika, I need to talk to you about something.” When I turned around to see what he wanted, he was down on both knees and holding the most gorgeous ring. It took me a moment to process what was going on, and he proposed to me right then and there.
How did you know they were “the one?”
After being in previous relationships that weren’t healthy for me, I realized Tim was different and a good man. He was always there for me and for my children. We had a special bond and love for each other that I had never shared with anyone else. When you find that special one, you just know in your heart.
What were you initially planning for your wedding, and how did COVID-19 affect your wedding plans?
We were originally planning to have a big church wedding with all our family and friends present. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we had to cancel pretty much everything we had planned and thoughtfully reduce our guest list. But honestly, any type of wedding would have been fine with me as long as I was becoming Mrs. Timothy Glover.
Describe your wedding style
It was an outdoor wedding with traditional style and elegance. The colors were royal blue and charcoal grey. The traditional ivory dress and veil were exactly what I had dreamed of since I was a little girl, and I had never felt more beautiful.
Describe your wedding dress and your favorite wedding accessory.
My dress was an ivory mermaid style dress with a flowing train and a matching veil. It was open-backed and the intricate threading contained beautiful rhinestones. My favorite accessories were my diamond earrings, which added a bit of class and sophistication to the overall look.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
My favorite memory is when I got the opportunity to say my self-written vows to the man of my dreams.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples planning for their wedding during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Even though your options might be somewhat limited and your guest list may be small, you can still have a magical wedding. Remember that it is about dedicating yourself to the person you love, in the presence of all the people you cherish. Everything else is secondary. Have fun with the planning process – choosing colors, flower arrangements, cakes, dresses, and all the things that make it uniquely yours.
- Photography: Destiny’s Creations Photography
- Bride’s Dress: Bella’s Bridal and Formal
- Bridal Salon: Turning Heads by Tiara B.
- Bride’s headpiece and/or veil: David’s Bridal
- Bride’s shoes: Macy’s
- Bridesmaids Dresses: David’s Bridal
- Cakes/Desserts: Magnificent Cakes
- Catering: Monica Holmes Catering
- Ceremony Venue: Hillcrest Manor – Birmingham, AL.
- Event Décor/Design: Erika Carroll, Brittany Sankey, Monica Sankey
- Entertainment: DJ Dame
- Event Planner: Erika Carroll and Latricia Ware
- Florals: Stems & Styles
- Groom’s Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Hair: Turning Heads by Tiara B.
- Lighting: Hillcrest Manor
- Linens: eFavormart
- Makeup: Jermise Pullom
- Reception Venue: Hillcrest Manor
- Rentals: The WhereHouse – Party & Event Venue
- Stationery: Shutterfly