Childhood friends turned life long lovers, Chelsea and Alexander’s love story spans decades. They grew up in the small town of Augusta, Georgia and have known each other since their teenage years. But, when they settled in Atlanta for college, they rarely ran into each other. It was a Thanksgiving trip to Augusta that finally brought them together. Chelsea shares, “Alex spotted me while visiting home in Augusta for the holidays. He approached me and sparked a conversation that ended with laughter. He was persistent in setting our first official date back in Atlanta. Over the course of several lunch and dinner dates, our relationship flourished.”
After years of dating, Alexander decided to propose during a trip to Paris. He recalls, “I scheduled a private dinner at Ciel de Paris and proposed to Chelsea 56 floors above the city of love while overlooking the sparkling Eiffel Tower. I discreetly asked the waiter to film the proposal, so the special moment could be captured forever.”
Over 300 guests joined them to celebrate their wedding in Atlanta, GA. Their glamorous cream and gold decor meshed seamlessly with the 1920s art deco design of their ballroom venue. For their reception entrance, Chelsea and Alexander decided to get the party started by performing a choreographed dance. It set the tone and guests soon threw their cares away and joined them on the floor. The Walker’s nuptials prove that classy weddings can still be fun.
- Full Name of Couple: Chelsea & Alexander Walker
- Location of Wedding:The Biltmore Ballrooms – Atlanta, GA
- Wedding Date: May 4, 2019
- Favorite item on menu: Peppered Flat Iron Steak, Garlic Potato Mash & seasonal veggies
- Bridesmaids gifts: Yves Saint Laurent nail polish (for the day of wedding, Moet, Champagne gummies, a candle & Ferro Rocher Chocolates
- Groomsmen gifts: A Flask, Hennessy, a Cuban Cigar, Gold name engraved lighter & Ferro Rocher Chocolates
- First dance song: “The Makings of You” by Curtis Mayfield
How did you know they were “the one”?
You know the slow-motion effect that happens in movies? That’s the feeling I felt when Alex and I met for our first date. It felt like smooth R&B was playing in the background. We were all smiles, just giddy with each other. He’s telling me the cutest corny jokes, which I found hysterical. We began talking about the irony of us both being from Augusta, and how long we’d known of each other but didn’t really know each other. Shortly into our first date, we started planning our second. I didn’t want the date to end. After our date, I headed home and called my Mom to share all the juicy details. I knew that Alexander Walker was the one for me.
My favorite memory from our wedding was our first dance. The atmosphere was electric once we entered the reception and were introduced as Mr. & Mrs. Walker for the first time. We danced down the aisle and hit the dance floor. We had the crowd going wild with our choreographed dance moves. We even tricked them into believing he had an audio issue until we broke out in our break dance. I absolutely loved my first dance with my husband, though neither of us are the best dancers. Our first dance definitely set the tone for the reception and allowed everyone to have a really good time.
Advice for Engaged Couples
Plan and execute your wedding the way you want. Whether you’re planning to elope or having a wedding with 300+ people like we did, do it all your way. I made the decision to plan my own wedding. I wanted to be a part of the decision making and make sure all of the little details were to my liking. I spoke to vendors directly and hired an amazing wedding coordinator to ensure everything went smoothly. It was important for me to plan my wedding because I had a clear vision of what I wanted. Give yourself time to think of all the possibilities and details you want on your special day and don’t be afraid to do it yourself!
- Photography: LaJoy Photography
- Event Coordinator: Z. Curlett Events
- Florals: Stylish Stems
- Bride’s Dress: Martina Lina Bridal Designs
- Bride’s Headpiece/Veil: La Raine’s Boutique
- Bride’s Shoes: Christian Louboutin – Faridaravie
- Bridesmaids Dresses: The Dessy Group-Alfred Sung
- Groom’s Attire: The Black Tux
- Groomsmen Attire: Savvi Formalwear
- Hair: Brittany Washington
- MUA: The Makeup Diva
- Cake: For Goodness Cakes
- Catering: Proof of the Pudding
- Ceremony Venue: The Biltmore Ballrooms
- Event Decor/Design: The Bride
- Live Music: Orchestra Noir
- DJ: DJ Tay Productions
- MC: Jason Carey
- Lighting: Uplight Your Event
- Linens: Party Tables – Sanders Husky
- Rentals: Proof of the Pudding
- Wedding Invitations: Marry Me Magazines
- Wedding Programs: Minted
- Videography: Teko Lewis of LaJoy Photography
- Photo Booth: Robot Booth
- Event Sitter: Elegant Event Sitters