How do you know someone you’re dating is “the one?” For some people that concept is very abstract. They can’t describe it. But for Joshua, he can recall the exact moment he knew Jordan was the one.
Joshua shares, “On our first date, Jordan ordered a mountain of fried seafood and DEVOURED it all… I knew I found my wife right then and there! But of course, I couldn’t be that creepy guy and tell her how attractive that little stunt was. For all I knew she was just trying to impress me. Well, it worked.” But really, it was their deep conversations and Jordan’s spirit that sealed the deal for Joshua. By their third date, he was hooked. Joshua says, “I wish I could form the words to describe the joy I have just from being around her on a day-to-day basis, and even if I did, they still wouldn’t do it any justice. At the end of the day, Jordan is the breath of fresh air I will always need.”
The couple, who met on Tinder, were married in a beautifully chic ceremony in Texas. We are swooning over Jordan’s wedding style. She looked like a modern-day princess in her stunning blush ballgown with pearl beaded sleeves. All of their memorable wedding moments were perfectly captured by Pharris Photos. See their wedding photos, and read more about their proposal, love story and wedding advice below.
- Couple: Jordan & Joshua
- Location of Wedding: Chapel Ana Villa
- Wedding Date: February 29, 2020
- Wedding flowers: Haute Floral
- Favorite item on menu: We had lollipop lamb chops as a passed hors d’oeuvres for happy hour. Those were my favorite.
- Bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts: The bridesmaids got personalized flamingo burlap totes with lots of other smaller personalized goodies inside. The groomsmen got personalized whiskey decanter sets. It included the personalized whiskey decanter and matching wood storage box.
- First dance song: It was a cover of “Tennessee Whiskey” by DeAndre Nico.
- Advice for brides: My advice would be to try not to stress over things you can’t control. Also, everything will all work out.
Tell us how you met
Josh and I met on Tinder, February 14, 2016. Our swipe rights turned into our forever.
How did he propose
I am naturally very shy and reserved around large crowds, so Josh’s proposal was very intimate like I had always wanted it to be. It was just him and I at home, getting ready for bed. We were going through our nightly routine when he came over to me, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him. Without hesitation, I said, “of course!” It was sweet and perfect.
How did you know they were “the one”?
Josh and I have different stories about this. For me, I knew Josh was my person by our second date. We were at what is now formally known as So & So’s. We sat there and talked for hours and hadn’t realized how much time had passed. We talked, laughed, and of course, had a couple of drinks. It was 2 am before either of us realized the time. We talked about everything and at the end of the night, we shared our first kiss. The whole drive home I just thanked God, because I knew he was the one I’d prayed for. Our connection was just undeniable. For me to say, I married my best friend, is an understatement!
Josh: “On our first date, Jordan ordered a mountain of fried seafood and DEVOURED it all… I knew I found my wife right then and there! But of course, I couldn’t be that creepy guy and tell her how attractive that little stunt was. For all I knew she was just trying to impress me. Well, it worked. Our conversations during that lunch were full of so much insight and comedy, I was already looking forward to our second date. By the third date I was hooked, and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
Everyone knows how loving she is and how her passion runs deep, ESPECIALLY for family, but what most people have yet to understand is how funny this woman is! She thinks I laugh so hard to pump her head up, but that is definitely not the case. I wish I could form the words to describe the joy I have just from being around her on a day-to-day basis, & even if I did, they still wouldn’t do it any justice. At the end of the day, Jordan is the breath of fresh air I will always need.”
Describe your wedding style.
Simple. Chic. Classic. Timeless.
Describe your wedding dress and your favorite wedding accessory.
I wore a nude over blush/rose gold accent ball grown fit for Queen. It was a long sleeve ball gown wedding dress with a tulle skirt, sheer bodice of geometric pearl beading and Swarovski crystals accented with an attached beaded belt. With a V-back, bateau neckline, and crystal buttons over zipper closure, it was everything I never knew I wanted. I would say my favorite wedding accessory would be my beautiful wedding shoes. They were a pair of blush-colored Casadei pumps. They matched my dress perfectly.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
My best memory from the wedding would be the reception. Specifically the garter removal/toss. I just remember laughing so hard and thinking “oh my goodness both my dad & granny are watching this!”
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
The best wedding advice I would give engaged couples would be to enjoy every moment of it because it goes by so fast. Also, don’t forget to eat!
Our wedding is STILL the talk of the town. We are still getting so many messages from friends and family about how much they enjoyed themselves. Ironically, for most of our guests, our wedding was the last big function they attended before COVID-19.
- Photography: Pharris Photos
- Bride’s dress: Maggie Sottero – Sottero & Midgley
- Bridal salon: Bridal Boutique Lewisville
- Bride’s headpiece and/or veil: Bridal Boutique Lewisville – Maggie Sottero
- Bride’s shoes: Casadei
- Bridesmaids dresses: Christina Wu – House of Wu
- Cakes/desserts: Sugar Bee Sweets
- Catering: Food Glorious Food
- Ceremony Venue: Chapel Ana Villa
- Entertainment: DJ 4.o
- Event planner: Krystal Scott
- Florals: Haute Floral
- Groom’s and groomsmen attire: Men’s Warehouse
- Hair: Dionna Zamora
- Lighting: Harmland Visions
- Linens: AM Linen Rental & Chapel Ana Villa
- Makeup: Jamie Dionne
- Reception venue: Chapel Ana Villa
- Photo Booth: Vogue City Photo Booth
- Chargers: P.O.S.H. Couture Rentals
- Stationery: K.Laine Design Studio
- Videography: Say I Do Wedding Videos