Elizabeth cannot choose a favorite moment from her chic, fall wedding to Eddie.
She shares, “Hearing my favorite classical song played live on piano, walking down the grand staircase with my Dad and not falling on my face, hearing the vows that my husband prepared, and the first dance as we danced on clouds! I would not be able to choose between these!”
Despite COVID, Elizabeth and Eddie were still able to have a fabulous, intimate wedding full of stunning decor and many memorable moments proving you can’t stop love.
See all of the gorgeous details below,
- Couple: Elizabeth Smith & Eddie Frierson
- Occupations: Scientific Client Support Specialist, Commuter Rail Conductor
- Wedding date: Saturday, November 21st, 2020
- Wedding location: Lombardos
- What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen: The bridesmaids and MOB received a keepsake book with their name on it, that contained a message, a stemless champagne glass with their name printed on it, a tumbler with their initial, a bride tribe makeup bag and compact mirror. The groomsmen received a customized wood grain watch, groomsmen socks, customized labeled vodka, and a flask with their names engraved.
- Gifts for one another: Bride to groom – customized cufflinks and tie clips; Groom to bride – a Pandora bracelet! with a kitty, husband and wife, and house pendants, and a necklace.
- Ceremony entrance song: The wedding party entered to “You Mean That Much” by Tank and the Bride and FOB walked to “When You’re in Love” by Karina Pasian.
- First dance song: “Make Me Whole” by Amel Larrieux
Tell us about the proposal.
One year, on the weekend of Liz’s birthday, Eddie told her that he was taking her to a jazz club to celebrate. They got dressed and actually ended up at Eddie’s mother’s house. To Liz’s surprise, when she opened the door, she saw family members and friends already there shouting “Surprise!” Anticipating that something awesome was going to happen, Liz began opening cards as people started to record on their phones and even on a video recorder. One card from Eddie instructed her to look at him. Eddie kneeled on one knee and asked Liz to be his wife, to which she enthusiastically said, “Yeesssss!”
Describe your wedding style.
My dress was composed of a fitted sparkling lace bodice with an elegant satin ball gown skirt with pockets! Eddie’s suit was very fancy! He had an embroidered blazer over a rounded vest and fitted pants with gold and black accessories.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
For my dress, I actually only went to a few stores in the span of two weekends. I practically loved every dress that I tried on. However, it was a stressful experience because it was around the time that COVID first became a major threat and I was also about 80% to my weight loss goal which I accomplished (100 lbs!). When I selected my dress, it was the last store that I visited and the customer service was excellent.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
The only culture-related incorporation was jumping of the broom as a tie to our African ancestry. We are both African-American by many generations, but we felt that this was a great way to add some of our heritage to begin a tradition.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
There are so many great memories: hearing my favorite classical song played live on piano that I never knew the name of but only hummed (out of tone) and my now husband found the name in about 8 seconds, walking down the grand staircase with my Dad and not falling on my face! Hearing the vows that my husband prepared, and the first dance as we danced on clouds! I would not be able to choose between these!
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Do your research before hiring or signing contracts. Remember you are the boss, be organized, be responsive, and don’t forget to be kind to those you are working with. With these in mind, everyone came together to ensure that we had our dream wedding… yes, even during COVID.
- Wedding dress designer – Casablanca Bridal
- Wedding dress salon – Stella Grace
- Bridesmaids dresses – Davids Bridal
- Hair – NV My Hair Salon
- Makeup – Ellie Instagram: @MU.A_E
- Shoes – Davids Bridal Online
- Ceremony and reception location – Lombardos
- Photography – Mandy O Photography
- Videography – David H of Together Forever Films
- Wedding coordinator – Bridget Lacey
- Florist – Kinship Floral
- Cake – Dessert Works
- Groom’s attire – Henry Couture Paris
- Groomsmen attire – Men’s Warehouse
- Photobooth and Dry Ice Fog Machine – South Shore Sound and Lighting