There is no such thing as coincidences; we are merely participating in its unfolding embrace to our destined paths.
Torie May and Greffin Dorval were new to Atlanta and met through a mutual friend. Torie became friendly with her co-worker Michelle while on a work assignment. Michelle offered to show Torie around with another friend, Greffin. Torie shares that “ we all met up in Little Five Points and that was the beginning of our couple of forever’s.” Long and behold “A Couple of Forevers” ended up being their wedding song! How adorable!
During a trip to Canada, Niagra Falls, Greffin sought the opportunity to propose to Torie. Torie was distracted by the beautiful flowers located on the opposite side of the Falls. Greffin scoped out a perfect spot to propose and asked someone to snap a picture of them. As Torie posed for the camera, Greffin kneeled down beside her. To her astonishment Greffin proposed, and to which she answered “Of Course!”
The fun loving couple married at the Cator Woolford Gardens in Atlanta, GA on a summer’s day in July. Torie decided on coordinating the colors yellow and gray. Torie wore a fitted gown with a frothy tulle at the skirt. The pop of yellow was incorporated into her shoes and her belt provided the right amount of “bling” to shine throughout the big day. Greffin had the groomsmen where yellow and gray socks which coordinated well with the color scheme Torie chose. Torie and Greffin wanted their family and friends to participate in their celebration by providing them with an “I SPY” game and having them leave a heart note of congratulations, best wishes, and love on their engagement photo. Another main attraction of their celebration was the assortment of cupcakes alongside the cake, which was definitely a big hit! Torie shares that her most memorable keepsake was when she saw Greffin’s heartwarming expression waiting for her at the end of the aisle. Every laughter and loving embrace was beautifully captured by AJ Shorter Photography.
Best wishes to Mr. and Mrs. Dorval!
- Wedding Date: 07/19/2014
- Wedding location: Cator Woolford Gardens, Atlanta, GA
- Wedding Theme: I am big fan of the colors yellow and gray so that was my inspiration behind my wedding vision.
- Color Scheme: Yellow and Gray
- Wedding Flowers: White Tulips, Silver Brunia Berries, Yellow Dahlias, Yellow Pin Cushion Protea Yellow Football Mums, Yellow Spider Mums, Dusty Miller, Yellow Billy Balls, Hydrangeas
- First Dance Song: “A Couple of Forevers” by Chrisette Michelle
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Vanilla with Raspberry Mousse filling; Cupcakes: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, Cinnamon Swirl, and Carrot Cake
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Cake
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Jewelry, and Name Hangers
- Groomsmen Gifts: Yellow & Gray Tie and Socks, and a goodie bag of assorted liquors
I always wanted a dress that was simple up top but had movement and texture down bottom. I loved how I was able to incorporate my wedding color of yellow through my shoes and that my belt added the perfect amount of “bling” to my dress.
Incorporation of Culture
My husband is Haitian so we incorporated his culture in our wedding day by signing the wedding certificate during our ceremony.
Most Memorable Keepsake
Seeing my husband at the end of the aisle waiting for his bride.
Have the wedding where you want because the special people in your lives will be there no matter the location, and hire a planner it’s so worth the money.
- Photographer: AJ Shorter Photography / View Coterie Profile Here
- Wedding Dress Designer: Maggie Sottero-Kirby
- Wedding Dress Salon: Bravura Bridal
- Bridesmaid Dress: Alfred Angelo
- Hair/Makeup: Samantha Reese
- Ceremony/Reception Location: Cator Woolford Gardens
- Videographer: MSA Entertainment
- Wedding Planner: Sasha J Events
- Florist: Carithers Flowers
- Cake: Buckhead Bakehouse