Classic Victorian wedding in New Jersey brings the heat with a fiery reception including ZETA and SIGMA dance-offs, family fun, and so much love!
COVID couldn’t stop these two! Judy and Daniel, both members of ZETA (the bride) and SIGMA (the groom), celebrated their love at the Brigalias estate in Sicklerville, NJ. And needless to say, their reception was “fire!”
After saying “I-do,” they danced the night away surrounded by close friends and family in a Grande ballroom. With so much love and laughter, it was a day their guests’ will never forget!
- Couple: Judy Okoro & Daniel Curtis
- Occupations: Attorney and Football Coach/Co-Owner of Gridiron Access
- Wedding date: September 25, 2021
- Wedding location: Brigalias, Sicklerville, NJ
- Ceremony entrance song: “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- First dance song: “Why I love you” by Major
- Gifts for their bridesmaids and groomsmen: Judy gave her bridesmaids navy pajama shirts, stem-less flutes, socks that said “bridesmaids” and their wedding jewelry (rose gold tennis bracelets and rose gold tear drop stud earrings). For the groomsmen, Danny gave them personalized pocket watches, flasks, money clips, and navy socks that said “groomsman.”
- Gifts for one another: Danny surprised Judy with an engraved watch that she had actually asked for years ago when they first started dating. She couldn’t believe he remembered AND that the watch was still available! Judy gifted Danny with personalized cufflinks and a personalized coaches windbreaker. The jacket was extra special for Danny because he always dreamed of coaching football. And this year in 2021, he finally got his opportunity and is coaching high school football. The blue windbreaker is the school colors where he coaches and has his official title on it.
How they met…
Judy and Danny first met at a college kickback at Rowan University.
“We got engaged in Paris!” Judy exclaims.
While visiting the Eiffel Tower, Judy thought Danny wanted a solo picture. So, as she waited behind the lens to snap the perfect photo, Danny suddenly got on one knee and asked her to marry him!
Wedding style & attire…
They describe their wedding style and attire as “Classic, Victorian.”
Their wedding shopping experience…
Luckily for Judy, her shopping experience was “quick and easy.”
“I found my Martina Liana dress at the first store I went to. I didn’t buy it immediately because I had two other appointments lined up. So, I told Bridals By Cyndi that I wanted to make sure this was my dress by ruling out the other places.”
She went on to her next appointments, but was underwhelmed by her options.
“I took that as a sign, so I didn’t hesitate. I called my third appointment, cancelled it, and then called Bridal by Cyndi and went back for my dress. Sometimes when you know, you know!”
Their first look…
Favorite wedding day memory…
Their favorite wedding day memory was finally “seeing [their] vision come to life.”
“It was two long years of planning,” Judy says, “and to see it all come together was the best feeling in the world.”
Mr. & Mrs….
Reception space & décor…
The sweet details…
Cutting the cake…
Since Judy is a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated and Danny is a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated, it was very important for them to incorporate elements of their fraternity and sorority cultures into their special day.
“So, it was a night full of love, laughter and lots of strolling!”
Advice for other engaged couples…
Judy would advice other couples to take time and enjoy the process.
“It flies by so fast and your day will be here quicker than you think.”
“Wedding planning shouldn’t be this dreaded journey,” she adds, “just take it one day at a time.”
She also recommends having a day of coordinator. And luckily for her, she had one of our very own Coterie members!
“Mine was Stella with SoLi Events and she was amazing! When your day finally arrives, neither you or your partner should have to worry about anything and Stella made sure we didn’t.”
Looking for more classic Victorian wedding inspiration?
- Venue: @brigalias_weddings
- Planner: @solievents
- Photographer: @mmstudiosnj
- Videographer: @knottyartstudio
- Florist: @alishasimone_
- Brides MUA: @juicylooks_mua
- Brides Hairstylist: @hairateasebeauty
- Bridesmaids MUA: @pureglamourmua
- Bridesmaids hairstylist: @uurban21 @labella_fashionslay
- Menswear: @ruditux
- BM dresses: @windsorstore