Kimberley and Daniel had an elegant modern wedding in New Orleans last October; she looked beautiful as she walked down the aisle on the rooftop of the W Hotel. The couple wanted a classic wedding that had a modern feel to it without being ostentatious. They bridesmaids wore pastel pink and purple dresses, which matched perfectly with the floral arrangements and the brides purple Manolo Blahnik’s. She changed into a shorter dress for the reception where they dined on New Orleans gumbo and a candy bar before cutting a rug on the dance floor. Get Polished Events and Nola Flora , helped bring the event together and their photographer Arte de vie took photos that will bring back wonderful memories for years to come.
- Wedding Date: 10/12/2013
- Wedding Location: The W hotel , New Orleans ,La
- Wedding Theme: Modern with classic twist
- First Dance Song: Thank you by Led Zeppelin
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Almond
- Wedding Menu Favorite: It’s a between the gumbo or salmon
- Bridesmaids Gifts: long sleeve men’s button down shirts with their initials and silver sparkling toms to wear at the reception
- Groomsmen Gifts: I gave different personal gifts for all the guys. My husband gave them meaningful gifts like rare albums, autographed music posters etc…
My wedding dress was beautiful and different. It was my dream dress and it also had pockets! My favorite wedding accessory was my belt around my dress.
Incorporation of Culture
We both were similar with our culture, so we just kept it simple.
Most Memorable Moment
My best memory is a tossup from spending about an hour before my wedding with my husband taking pictures, and dancing the night away with my family and friends during the reception
Get a wedding planner, the best money we spent. I do not know how we could’ve done it without ours.