You may complain about the constant game requests and random friend requests, but Facebook has the ability to change lives. Almost a decade ago when it was still exclusive to college students Ranay and Greg connected with each other their freshman year. Being student athletes and sharing a bit of the same schedule caused them to bump into each other on occasion; soon they became friends and started dating their second semester. On the day she agreed to spend her life with him, she was spending Christmas with her family in Puerto Rico, unaware that he had secretly flown out the night before to surprise her. While getting ready for a family photo he appeared out of nowhere and asked for her hand in marriage. They held their wedding at the Marquette Park Pavilion where the bride walked down the aisle in a beautiful custom made dress by Kara Wedding, flanked by her bridesmaids in pastel pink. The college sweethearts and their guests danced the night away celebrating their new union, which was captured creatively by Meyer Photography.
- Wedding Date: 07/20/2013
- Wedding Location: Marquette Park Pavilion, Gary, IN
- Wedding Theme: Traditional Elegance
- Wedding Flowers: Roses
- First Dance Song: “At Last”:Etta James sung by Shawanda Smith
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Marble
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Chicken
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Necklaces
My wedding dress was custom made by Kara Wedding, a small boutique in Los Angeles.
Most Memorable Moment
My best memory is Greg and I dancing our way, as a new married couple into the reception with all our friends and family cheering us on and be. It felt really special and made me so happy we have such a great support system in our new journey together.
My advice to other engaged couples is have fun during the planning process, especially brides. Sometimes you can get frustrated about the smallest things (I am guilty) but at the end of the day, marrying the love of your life should be a joyous occasion and it is such a blessing to have any type of wedding.
- Ceremony and Reception: Marquette Park Pavilion
- Wedding Dress: Kara Wedding
- Caterer: Rome’s Joy
- Florist: Sarkey’s Florist
- Photographer: Meyer Photography
- Videographer: Navaeh Film
- Deejay: DJ Lowe Ki
- Soloist: Shawanda Smith
- Wedding Cake: Strack and Van Til
- Wedding Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Uplighting: DIY Uplighting