On Sunday, October 29th, 2023, James & Brianna will be celebrating 1-year of marriage! Today, we’re looking back on their black-tie wedding at the contemporary Seattle wedding venue: Block 41.
The couple, who first met at a cross-fit gym, tied the knot last year in a classy black-tie affair. They spoiled each other with love (and gifts!) including a Tissot watch for James and Christian Louboutin shoes for Brianna.
During their first look, Brianna wowed her hubby-to-be in a Monique Lhuillier dress with an intricate floral lace bodice. She was equally smitten seeing James in his custom Indochino suit. Following couples portraits in downtown Seattle, they playfully ran to the alter together and exchanged vows in front of their closest friends and family.
… finally being able to call the other person our spouse was so special.– Brianna (The Bride)
From their romantic ceremony to their fun-filled reception, all of their beautiful wedding day details were Captured By Candace Photography. You can truly feel the love between them in every photo. We wish Brianna and James many more years of wedded bliss!
Read more about their love story (including their helicopter ride proposal!) below.
- Couple: James & Brianna Palmer
- Occupations: James is a Portfolio Manager and Brianna is an Account Manager.
- Wedding Date: October 29th, 2022
- Wedding Location: Block41, Seattle WA
- Bridesmaid’s gifts: Custom Robes with feather sleeves, slippers, necklaces, and earrings, and we paid for all the bridesmaid’s hair & makeup.
- Groomsmen: Paid for half of all the groomsmen’s custom tuxedos from Indochino, cuff links, and custom crystal whiskey decanter and crystal glass.
- Gifts for one another: Briana gave James a watch and he gave her Christian Louboutin shoes.
- Ceremony entrance song: “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Haley Reinhart
- First dance song: “A Whole New World” from Aladdin played by a live string quartet
Tell us about the proposal:
One of our friends is a helicopter pilot, we had talked about taking a helicopter ride with him in the past so the idea wasn’t suspicious. James invited another couple to join for a simple helicopter around Mount Rainier and a picnic on top of a mountain. We saw the most incredible views, rivers, and snow-capped mountains.
Once we landed, we were all taking photos and suddenly James dropped to one knee and asked Brianna to marry him. Afterward, James told Brianna he had made dinner plans to celebrate with the couple we were already with. He drove them home and told Brianna to freshen up.
When she got into her room, James had purchased three new dress options for Brianna to choose from to wear to their engagement dinner. When they arrived at the restaurant James had called all of Brianna’s best friends and their families and threw a surprise engagement party to celebrate!
Wedding style, attire, and wedding shopping experience…
Our wedding style was a black tie affair. The bride wore a Monique Lhuillier dress with a floral lace bodice and the groom wore a custom suit by Indochino & Christian Louboutin patent leather shoes. Both bride and groom loved finding and designing their perfect dress and suit.
Their first look…
After we said our I do’s we jumped the broom in keeping with African American history. Our officiant gave a brief historical explanation of what jumping the broom means and where it originated. We also placed emphasis on trying to hire as many Black or Female-owned businesses for our vendors
The sweet details…
Favorite wedding day memories…
As Brianna was about to walk down the aisle the entire room was plunged into darkness. The string quartet began to play and a spotlight illuminated the bride and the groom only. Having that moment to see the space all decorated for the first time, and then being able to focus only on one another, and finally being able to call the other person our spouse was so special.
Advice for other engaged couples…
Have tough conversations with each other and enjoy the process
Looking for more black tie weddings like this one at Block 41?
- Photographer: Captured By Candace Photography
- Day of Coordinator/Event Planner: 3 Eleven Events
- Floral Designer: Seattle Floral Design
- Wedding Dress: Monique Lhuillier
- Dress Store: I Do Bridal
- Grooms Suit: Indochino
- Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Rings: Joseph Jewelry
- Makeup Artist: Shalonda Peguero Makeup Artistry
- Hair: Jenica Mahinay & Sai Sutha
- Alcohol: SZN Restaurant
- Dinner: Lil Red’s BBQ
- Cake: Taryn Smith
- Lighting: Crimson Haze Event Lighting
- Party Rentals: Cort Party Rental
- DJ: DJ Charma
- Magician: Nash Fung
- String Quartet: Puget Sound Strings
- Photo booth: CitySoundWave
- Car Rental: British Motor Coach
- Ceremony Location: Block 41
- Pre Ceremony Location: Lotte Hotel
- Submitted via Two Bright Lights