Having a long distance relationship is never easy, but that’s the obstacle that Shaneka and Edward, affectionately called “Eddie”, had to overcome. They met through a mutual friend, during which, Eddie lived in Pensacola, Florida and her in Houston, Texas. After dating long distance for a year, it was time for Eddie to move to Houston. Because Eddie is a teacher, he had no problem finding a job and making his Houston his home, alongside Shaneka.
- Wedding Date: 6.8.14
- Wedding Location: The Tuscany Villa, Katy , TX
- Wedding Theme: Elegant Coral, Black, and Silver
- First Dance Song: “You and I” by John Legend
- Cake Flavor: White Buttercream with Cream Cheese Filling
- Favorite Item On The Menu: For Shaneka, it was the Shrimp and Grits. For Eddie, the best thing on the menu was the oven toasted tilapia
- Wedding Flowers: For the wedding, they used roses, calla lilies, and hydrangeas.
- Bridesmaids Gifts: The bridesmaids received personalized bags, t-shirts, and jewelry.
- Groomsmen Gifts: The groomsmen were given ties, cufflinks, and pocket squares.
Just one month after moving to Houston, Eddie was ready to pop the question. While Shaneka was out with some of her girlfriends, Eddie was setting up her apartment with candles and rose petals that created a trail from the front door all the way to the living room. When she approached the living room, Eddie was waiting for her, down on one knee and in the middle of the heart that he made from the rose petals. He asked and she said I do!
- Wedding Style: Shaneka wore a fit-and-flare gown by Mori Lee.
- Incorporating Culture: Shaneka and Eddie incorporated Bible verses and prayer into their ceremony to bring their faith into the ceremony.
- Most Memorable Moment: For Shaneka, citing the vows and the first dance were the most memorable moments of the wedding day.
- Help A Bride-To-Be Out: Simply put, Shaneka’s advice for future brides is to “start early.”