Nature served as a beautiful backdrop in this romantic garden wedding. As seen in the Spring/Summer 2020 Magazine.
College sweethearts Danyelle and William met while studying at Florida A&M University. For a year, they balanced dating with the ups and downs of completing their programs. It was a year that solidified their commitment to each other. They realized they did not have to choose between success and love; it was their love that made them successful.
Nearly a year after meeting, William proposed to Danyelle during dinner at a restaurant in Tallahassee, FL. Danyelle recalls, “We were celebrating our almost one year anniversary and his upcoming move to attend grad school hundreds of miles away. The night was perfect. Our parents and our best friends appeared when William dropped to one knee. It was followed by a surprise engagement party with about 30 of our close friends and family.”
Two years later, they returned to Tallahassee to exchange vows. It was a rainy day, but miraculously, the sun broke through the skies right before their beautiful outdoor ceremony. They had a vibrant wedding full of fresh florals in shades of pink and ivory, soft glam, and rustic touches. Danyelle is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., and the Groom is a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Their sorority and fraternity tributes during their reception sparked nostalgia and got the party going. It was a stunning wedding that exemplifed the unity of love, faith, brotherhood and sisterhood.
- Full names of couple: William & Danyelle Freeman
- Occupations: Science teacher & Pharmacist
- Wedding date: March 2, 2019
- Wedding location: Goodwood Museum & Gardens- Tallahassee, FL
- Bridesmaids and Groomsmen Gifts: Bridesmaids were gifted silk robes, hair, makeup, earrings, personalized wooden hangers, and reception shoes. Groomsmen were gifted personalized tie clips and cigars.
- Gifts for one another: We decided to forgo gifts to one another because we wanted to focus on our family and loved ones attending to witness our union.
- Ceremony entrance song: “This is Why I Love You” by Major
- First dance song: “Still in Love” By Brian Mcknight
Best Wedding Memories
Our best memories would be the moment with our wedding party right before the reception and the best man speech from Ryan Kornegay.
Wedding Advice for Engaged Couples
Communicate every step with each other, figure out what’s the most important things for your wedding day, make a budget, and hire a wedding planner, in that order.
- Photography: LaJoy Photography
- Wedding Planner & Designer: Frankie Leland Events
- Venue: Goodwood Museum & Gardens
- Limo: Classic Limo
- Florals & Design: Posh Stems
- Event Rentals: EP Luxe Event Design and Rentals
- Catering: Catering Capers
- Bar Services: 71 Proof
- Videography: HH Films
- Photo Booth: Picture This Photo Booth
- Hair: Raydiance Salon
- Makeup: Angel Love Beauty & Perks of Beauty
- Signage: Artful Jen
- DJ: Fire Entertainment
- Bride’s dress: Joni Marie Ross
- Bride’s shoes: Aminah Abdul Jillil
- Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Jarlo London
- Groom’s Attire: Men’s Warehouse
- Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Warehouse
- Officiant: Rev. Dr. R.B. Holmes, Jr. – Pastor of Bethel Missionary Baptist Church