It was a chance meeting at a church event that connected Akusika and Prince!
The meeting was definitely ordained by God because it was the beginning of a beautiful four-year friendship turned courtship that culminated in Prince proposing in December 2019.
Like many couples, they jumped into wedding planning unaware of the upcoming pandemic. However, with a few changes to their original plans, they were able to marry safely this October!
Keep scrolling to see all of the details from their elegant and classy wedding beautifully shot by Mandy O. Photography.
- Full names of the couple: Akusika Aye-Addo & Prince Acheampong
- Occupations: Manufacturing Technician & Banker
- Wedding date: October 30th, 2020
- Wedding location: AC Marriott Hotel (Worcester)
- What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen:
- BM: Weekender bags, Silk robes & Earrings
- GM: Shoes and Bowties.
- Gifts for one another: MVMT Watches
- Ceremony entrance song: “When I first saw you” by Jamie Foxx
- First dance song: “Spend my life with you”, by Eric Benet and Tamia
How did you meet?
September 4th, 2015: We were introduced to each other by mutual friends at a church event, but nothing came out of that. A few months later I invited friends over for Christmas weekend and didn’t think to invite Prince (mainly because I really didn’t know him that well yet). I found out later that Prince was their ride to my place and felt pretty bad about not including him lol. After dinner and games, we spent the rest of the night talking and getting to know each other and a life-long friendship began. – Akusika
Tell us about the proposal.
December 12, 2019: Akusika was getting ready for her flight to her graduation ceremony that weekend. I drove over to her place very early in the morning “to say goodbye” or so she thought since she was catching an earlier flight. She was surprised since I live an hour away and had work that morning, but she thought nothing of it. While going over flight details, I gradually turned the conversation into plans for the future. Before she was aware of what was happening, I asked her to marry me. Needless to say, she was stunned, and she said YES! – Prince
Describe your Wedding Style.
Simple, Elegant & Classy. Dress – Ivory Mermaid-like Dress, with a white cathedral veil. Suit – Double Breasted Ivory Suit with Tuxedo pants, Velvet black loafers with gold accent.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
With the reality of Covid-19, our shopping experience was very different from what we expected. We definitely got a head start to shopping but with shops closing and extended delivery times, we had our hands full. Thankfully everything worked out perfectly.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
We had a traditional Ghanaian engagement in Ghana that we joined virtually (Thank you Covid! lol).
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Sharing the moment with friends and family, and definitely our vows.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Your wedding is for a day, your marriage is for a lifetime. Enjoy your wedding, but plan for your marriage!
- Event Coordinator: Afradj Experience
- Photography: Mandy O Photography
- Wedding dress designer: Madison James
- Wedding dress salon: Anya Bridal
- Bridesmaids dresses: Windsor
- Hair: Nicee Hair (Obaabee)
- Makeup: Beautiwaa Ink
- Bride’s Shoes: Vera Wang
- Groom’ attire: Honaj Couture
- Groom’s Shoes: Merlutti
- Groomsmen attire: Pronto Uomo
- Stationery: WhiteOrchidsPaperie
- Cake Artist: Kuskasweets
- Baker: Gerrado’s Bakery
- Florist: Perro’s Flowers
- Decor: Fantasy Decor
- DJ: DJ Team Prince Paul
- Ceremony Location: AC Marriott Hotel (Worcester)
- Reception Location: AC Marriott Hotel (Worcester)