Jeremy and Samone had an elegant and fun wedding that showcased their love for each other and their love for Batman!
Keep scrolling to read more about their love story and see their awesome wedding video captured by iExclusive Productions.
- Couple: Jeremy Upshaw and Samone Folks
- Location of Wedding: Bristol, PA
- Wedding Date: 10.3.2020
- Favorite item on menu: Salmon
- Bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts: bridesmaids were gifted jewelry, personalized makeup bags and hangers, and a robe. The groomsmen were gifted a shot glass and a customized pin to wear on their suites. It looked like the batman symbol but was a bow tie instead of a bat. This was designed by the groom.
- First dance song: “You Mean the World to Me” by Toni Braxton
- Advice for brides: Have a budget set and stick to it. Decide which items are most important to you and your husband to be. Don’t allow people to make it about them.
Tell us how you met and all about the proposal.
We met at work. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant and he was a dishwasher at first then became one of the chefs. We worked together for about 3 to 4 years before we started dating. We dated for 4 years and in 2018 we bought our first house together. At our house warming, we were thanking those who helped us throughout the buying process and Jeremy wanted to thank me for being by his side and never giving up on him and in front of our family and friends, he asked me to be by his side forever as his wife.
How did you know you found “the one”?
I knew Jeremy was the one for me because even when I would get upset with him I didn’t want him to leave. It was as if I needed to be around him all the time and that was different for me. Being with him felt different and I knew that’s what “real” was.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
We jumped the broom and did a sand ceremony.
Describe your wedding style.
Elegant but fun
Describe your wedding style.
My dress was simple but classy. I picked a mermaid style dress with lace and bedding at the top and tulle at the bottom. My favorite accessory was the bouquet charm that had my Nana’s picture in it as well as the batman garter.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
The entire day was like a dream come true. But if I had to pick I would say exchanging vows was my favorite memory.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Communicate with each other. Trust each other. And always remember the love that brought you two together. Don’t give up on each other when times get hard.
- Bride’s dress: Bridal Garden Marlton, NJ
- Bridal salon: @the_teehair_
- Bride’s headpiece and/or veil: Bridal Garden Marlton, NJ
- Bride’s shoes: Amazon
- Bridesmaids dress: Irma’s Bridal Cherry Hill, NJ
- Cakes/desserts: Desserts by Design Richboro, PA
- Catering: Falls Manor Catering
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: Falls Manor Catering
- Event decor/design: Falls Manor Catering
- Entertainment: @djturtle1914
- Event planner: The Bride
- Groom’s attire: Rudi’s Formalwear Sewell NJ
- Groomsmen attire: Rudi’s Formal Wear Sewell NJ
- Makeup: PINKCRUSHBEAUTY
- Photography: JBEAUTYPHOTOGRAPHY
- Videography: Iexclusive Productions
- Cloud dance and Photobooth: Lebron Productions